Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 148482 views.
Nona (Waldmeister)

Sep-26

I have already reported this spammer. Could some staff member take a broom and remove the message? Thank you.

TinyFaerie
Staff

Sep-26

Already caught it. Thanks for reporting my dear.

Nona (Waldmeister)

Sep-26

That was superfast. You really have wings.

Diannef130

Sep-28

Hi Jennifer

I have all four exclusive pets on my 3 games on my kindles.  However, on my MC game on my pc, I only have the rainbow Dragon.  I'm on level 80.  When I get enough destiny keys to craft the keys of fate and open the ghostly chest I get exclusive food and not any of the other pets.  I don't remember on my kindle games if I did anything differently.  Am I missing something?  Thanks

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-29

I remember this topic coming up years ago.

There is an order you need to do things in, to make sure you get pets and not just the food.

Annelliegram might know.

Actually, it's a given she would.

CC to AEGram
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-29

Can you go two posts back and help Dianne out please?

AEGram

Sep-29

First comes the Rainbow Dragon because that's the only item showing in the Ghostly Chest after the Ocean Guide is secured (or after the Portal Activator in Level 69 if players go back to the Ghostly Chest to look inside).

After the Rainbow Dragon is secured, looking into the Chest will show the 3 remaining exclusive pets and the 5 bags of Exclusive Food. And, what is also guaranteed is that once the Rainbow Dragon is secured, the Exclusive Pet Food will fall from HOS completion as does the other pet food.

Unfortunately, those are the only guarantees. What order the remaining pets come from the Chest and even IF they come immediately without the getting of the Exclusive Food is basically a crap shoot. As is will all in this game regarding the randomness, some players get lucky, some don't, and some are extremely unlucky. 

There was a discussion on the BF forum about not feeding the Rainbow Dragon until the remaining pets were secured. To feed him (some thought) caused players to get the pet food instead of another pet. I have heard of players getting 2 bundles of food before getting all the other pets, but no one has reported repeatedly just getting the food.

(On my iPad game, I happened to get all 4 of the pets without getting any of the food. However, on my PC game, I ended up getting pet food 2x before I finally got the last pet. As it happened on PC, I had gathered sufficient Destiny Keys to craft the Keys of Fate 4 more times after getting the Rainbow Dragon. Then I proceeded to continue with the Leveling up. As I got sufficient coins, I crafted the Keys of Fate. Unfortunately, I got pet food 2x and was then in a pickle because I had no Side Quests to get more Destiny Keys, which meant I would need to wait until a content release time or until I maxed in the leveling. I received a Keys of Fate from either the Wheel or from Just John...which I used to successfully get that last pet.)

So, while I have no real solution to the problem, I do have a suggestion. Do not craft the Keys of Fate yourself on the game in which you want the pets. Make some agreement with a friend pr hope a Keys of Fate will show up on the Wheel for winning. See if the gifted Keys of Fate will then give you one of the pets and break the impasse. 

Dianne hasn't mentioned how many times she has gone back to the Ghostly Chest for a pet without being successful. If it's been more than 3 or 4 times with only getting the pet food, perhaps contacting Big Fish to see what they can do to assist is in order.

Also............above all, clear the cookies/cache in your computer from all Internet browsers installed on the PC. In addition, clearing the contents of the temp folder in the c:\users\YOURPCNAME\AppData\Local\Temp may also help resolve the issue.

That temp folder is a hidden folder, so you'll need to go to Control Panel .... Appearance and Personalization....File Explorer Options.....Show hidden files and folders....(there will be a window to pop up and you should be on the View tab....put a dot next to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives....then click OK to close the window....then close the Appearance and Personalization page. .........After emptying ALL THE CONTENTS OF THAT FOLDER, be sure to empty your Recycle Bin

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-30

Thank you my dear, as always - wonderfully helpful.

AEGram

Sep-30

I just sent you a PM.....Please read it and contact me after you've done so.

Abel123

Sep-30

I just signed up today but where do you post? I know I'm overlooking it but only see how to reply so I just picked a reply to ask. to ask