Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 448578 views.
Azurina

Aug-27

hello all

Q - some people seem very cautious in accepting friend requests, why? I am new to game and accept everyone who sends to me.

Q - do people lose their game at certain times? updates? levels in game? is there any way to avoid it happening or can we only save our progress and hope it sticks when we try to reinstall?

Q - how do people lose their game to a usurper?

thanks, Azurina

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-28

Azurina said:

Q - some people seem very cautious in accepting friend requests, why? I am new to game and accept everyone who sends to me.

It's not "cautious", so much as selective.  If you have 300 friends, you can only get around to them once every 3 weeks or so - and that is if you can gift 15 every day (I think the math checks out there).  So people can feel they're neglecting friends, and also spreadsheets have to come into play if you want to keep track and get to everyone in turn.

Azurina said:

Q - do people lose their game at certain times? updates? levels in game?

That is a good question, I do not have the answer.  I'll tag in someone with better knowledge than me.

Azurina said:

is there any way to avoid it happening or can we only save our progress and hope it sticks when we try to reinstall?

Keeping track of your player ID should be all you need to log in.  Again, others will know better than I.

Azurina said:

Q - how do people lose their game to a usurper?

I am not aware of that happening.  I guess if someone got a hold of your account info, they could pose as you.  But I don't know what they would get out of it.

Azurina

Aug-28

ok, thanks. :)

i was beginning to think i was bumbling along and putting myself at risk from ignorance! haha

• Edited August 28, 2021 7:29 am  by  Azurina
AEGram

Aug-28

Some players have reported in the forum that their game has been "hijacked." 

Sometimes they say it's from accepting an invite from someone they don't know. As a result, many players will only ask you to provide your Id, and they will send you an invite.

There have also been reports that people just log into their game and find that their ID and that of another player will have been merged or somehow combined.

A friend of mine said one of her friends started to display a different avatar and have a different player ID. She had contact information for that friend, so she asked her if there was an issue with her game. The game looked perfectly normal on the friend's device, but her wish list was not what she had posted. 

I believe the issue self-resolved in a day or so.

That said, I know where the game info is stored on PC, but I know of no way to make a copy of that info for Android or for iPad/iOS players.

For iOS, the best practice is to do a device backup daily, or set up for automatic backups when your device is in inactive state. Mine backs up automatically every day in the early morning hours. However, I still occasionally perform a manual backup just to know a good one is out there.

How people usurp someone's game deliberately is above my pay grade and I know not how that is done.

Azurina

Aug-28

thanks, the only way i thought was if you shared your log in info, but with so many hackers....who knows? if they think they can get access to your credit card, maybe they would try it or they may just get bored and decide to mess with someone's game. It has never happened to me and i hope this game continues to be 'safe' from others, if not from my own incompetence. :)

• Edited August 28, 2021 6:35 pm  by  Azurina
LvlSlgr

Aug-28

AEGram said:

is above my pay grade

What?!?!? You get paid to do this????

Sorry, I'm pretty sure you don't and that was just a phrase you use, but I couldn't resist. LOL

Azurina

Aug-28

reward for effort.

probably diamond packs? :)

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-29

Thank you my dear.

Tjmors

Sep-1

Hi,

Midnight Castle responded to my request regarding the transfer of an old player from an IOS platform to windows.

The process was easy and I was not required to do anything other than send the original request to Big Fish with the player ID's and their running platform.

Thank you for your help,

Oh, I am a bit busy but when I logged into the game I will let you know if I have my friend list. MC was not sure if they would transfer.

Happy to help, glad to hear the transfer went smoothly!!