Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Changes Are Afoot 2/24/20   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Feb-24 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd); 2093 views.
bajon

Feb-26

Thank you! I had never noticed that before.  I am on level 95 and don't have the update some are talking about, only got the small one so far. Hope it comes soon.

In reply toRe: msg 15

I had to go to the Game Manager for my update.

bajon

Feb-26

I am on an Ipad and don't have a game manager.  In the past updates appear when I open my game. Thank you for responding

AEGram

Feb-26

bajon said:

I am on level 95 and don't have the update some are talking about, only got the small one so far. Hope it comes soon.

It's here for everyone......for PC, go to your Game Manager...click on the gear, then Options .... check the Download section to see if it's set to "manual" update......at any rate, check for an update....it will show there is one and when you select it, it will go to the queue.....then it will complete the install when you launch the game.

For iOS, go to App Store....then the update section (the little people icon at the top right) .... swipe down on the page a couple of times until the MC update shows up.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Feb-26

Check in your App store. You should have an update for MC.

BooKitty89

Feb-27

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AEGram !!!  This is Twitch and I have not been able to play MC since Christmas on my iPad.  But when I read your msg about the update, I tried it and it WORKED !!!  I am now able to pick up where I left off (was locked out, I mean).

Such a wonderful gift.  I hope my friends understand that I wasn't able to play and not ignoring them.

All the best to everyone.  Twitch

AEGram

Feb-27

Awwwwww, BooKitty89....... you are more than welcome.

On the Apple iOS......it USED to be that updates presented in the update section automatically. However (for some reason far beyond my understanding), in one of their operating system updates, the updates don't always get pushed automatically for some of the apps/games. I've found Midnight Castle to be one of those that doesn't automatically show up.

For the last several MC updates, I've had to swipe down several times to get the update to finally come to my iPad.

By the way.....it's prudent to close out of all apps.......go into settings..... and do a manual backup to the iCloud BEFORE you do ANY iOS update ....OR... before you do an MC update. While I have automatic updates set on my iPad and it gets updated every evening, I may have played some since that update. 

There has never been an instance where an operating system has mucked up my iPad, but I try to be proactive just in case.

There WAS one instance where the MC update didn't work. Unfortunately, I had not been able to do my normal pre-install backup because the game immediately presented a message saying that an update was necessary while I was actually playing the game. That was the time when several of us were locked out of the game. As a result, I have been most diligent to close everything, do a backup, and then install the MC game update that has come to my App Store update location.

CC to BooKitty89

Just got a "Changes are afoot" message, it fixes the puzzles

AEGram

Feb-27

Thanks so much for the info.....my iPad is now updated and the 2 puzzles now show content/a picture.

bajon

Mar-25

Sorry I did not accept your invite in time and now it is gone. If you want to resend I will accept