Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 431856 views.

Some good news!! I went to work today and for the first time in almost 3 years I didn’t have to wear a mask!! Forgot what some people look like, even one resident introduced herself to an aide that has been taking care of her this entire time thinking she was a “new girl”. 

LvlSlgr

Feb-14

Wow! I'm certain that was nice. 

The only place I've had to wear one for the past year or so has been in a doctor's office. A couple weeks ago I went to a new doctor and no one there had one on. I was really surprised.

Energyworker

Feb-14

I wear a mask everywhere I go inside. I have to at the retirement home where I have a parent so am used to it. My bell choir was tested before going into one at the beginning of January. Different rules for different health units. No one wants a Covid lockdown in those places and there had been some cases at each at Christmas. A fitness instructor arrived with it at one such place. A friend of mine who lives in another retirement home was locked down for 3 weeks in January as several people in her place had Covid acquired at Christmas. The healthy people get penalized for the sick people and have to stay in their rooms.

LvlSlgr

Feb-14

Honestly, I haven't been out to hardly any places where there are crowds of people. I've been to the hairdresser, physical therapy, etc. I've been ordering my groceries online and picking them up since way before the pandemic because I hate grocery shopping. Same with items from Walmart - I order online and pick it up. The only store I've been into is the drugstore. I usually use the drive-thru to pick up my prescriptions but I had to go inside to get my flu shot and the latest Covid booster back in the fall.

I occasionally go to a local restaurant late in the afternoon when they're not busy. But even that I've only done maybe twice in the past 6 months.

I'm just a homebody on a fixed income which doesn't really allow for doing much of anything. Plus since the back surgery - almost 6 months ago - I've had some other issues that don't allow me to go out except for when I absolutely have to. The back is much better but now I hesitate to go out because of the other issues. 

I wear a mask everywhere still. The cancer treatments have lowered my immune system response so I’m not taking any chances! My school made masks optional a couple of weeks ago, but I asked my students to please wear them in my classroom, and they do! I’m so fortunate to work with such caring young people!

LvlSlgr

Feb-22

Lady Pirate (MCPirateLady) said:

I’m so fortunate to work with such caring young people!

Yes, you are! My son and daughter-in-law are teachers, so I have an idea what it's like.

KNIMtheTOAD

Feb-25

YES.

I USE MASK ANYTIME I GO OUT. WHICH IS SELDOM. TO DOCTORS LABS DENTIST. MY PCP SAID HE SHOULD HAVE LITTLE WORRY ABOUT COVID AS LARGER PART OF US IS  VACCINATED. BUT ME I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS. THEN LAUGHS.  MASKS IN PUBLIC WASH HANDS. I DON'T SHAKE HANDS SINCE HAVE HAD SURGERYS ON BOTH. WOULD HAVE TO THINK ABOUT ANY TRAVEL AND WOULD IT BE WORTH GETTING SICK. SPECIALLY NOT OUT OF COUNTRY.

WE HAVE A NEW RESTURANT BEEN TO TWICE. AFTER DOC APP LAST WEEK AND AFTER DENTIST 2 WKS AGO. BOTH AFTER 3 O'CLOCK. FOOD GREAT. MEXICAN LIKE IN MEXICO. SOOOO GOOOD!!!!

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU LvlSgr and Lady Pirate. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES FIRST RULE.

HELLO TO ALL MY BF FRIENDS. GIVE SMILES AND WINKS THEY'RE FREE AND MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY.

KNIMtheTOAD

AEGram

Feb-25

KNIMtheTOAD said:

MY PCP SAID HE SHOULD HAVE LITTLE WORRY ABOUT COVID AS LARGER PART OF US IS  VACCINATED.

I'm shocked!!!! A "Primary Care Physician" said that the larger part of US is vaccinated???????

True that many got the first couple of doses (but it was still only 69.3% which is not a huge amount larger than half), but only 16.1% of eligible population has received a booster.

This is an excerpt from the CDC site for tracking Covid Data:

As of February 22, 2023, 671.6 million vaccine doses have been administered in the United States. Overall, about 230.0 million people, or 69.3% of the total U.S. population, have completed a primary series.* About 53.4 million people, or 16.1% of the U.S. population , have received an updated booster dose.

• Edited February 25, 2023 8:00 pm  by  AEGram
LvlSlgr

Feb-25

I don't know about others, but I got my original vaccine (2 shots) as soon as I was eligible. And each time they've announced another booster, I go and get that. And I'll continue doing it.

AEGram

Feb-26

As will we.

Based on various places from which my husband gets information, the scientists are recommending a Covid booster every 6 months. However, the CDC hasn't approved it because so few have gotten the boosters.

Makes no sense to me. Authorize it so those who want to remain somewhat protected can have that protection. Don't deny everyone the benefit just because some people aren't taking advantage of what the epidemiologists recommend.