Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 53548 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-28

I've been talking to one of the protestors who was at the rally on the YouTube page.

The majority of the protest had finished and disbanded before this happened.

And one man responsible for the effigy has been fired from his job.

LvlSlgr

May-28

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

And one man responsible for the effigy has been fired from his job.

Yes, this was in the news here in Louisville. He worked for one of the bigger car dealerships in the area. Their statement was that they "don't condone threats of violence in any form," but didn't name the employee that was fired.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-1

This is just so bizarre to me that people would act this way. I truly do not understand the mentality.

In NZ when we were told we were going into lockdown, we all did. No protests. Everyone just did what they were told to do. When they extended the lockdown there was very little dissent. Result? New Zealand hasn't had a single new case of covid's in 10 days. Currently we only have one person in the entire country who has it, and they are recovering at home. No one in hospital. All told, I believe at the height we had around 20 people in hospitals around the country. 

Because we all stuck to the rules, stayed home, did what was necessary, we are now opening up again. And we can do so safely. We are doing it in small steps to make sure there are no outbreaks, and if there are they can be quickly contained. But two weeks into the recent losening of rules, everything looks promising.

I suppose these 'protestors' would say I lack freedom. I say that I understand civic duty, and sometimes circumstances dictate that civic duty has to take precedence over personal freedom for a short time.

LvlSlgr

Jun-1

WeeSam, great news about NZ! I recall seeing your prime minister on some of our national news during this. I especially liked when she declared the Easter Bunny to be an essential worker and when the earthquake hit in the middle of an interview. She's very impressive.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-1

Ha, yeah, the Easter Bunny thing was amusing. Gotta be able to have a laugh sometimes. And we live in a land prone to earthquakes. You pause to see if it's going to get bigger, then carry on..

Jacinda is good in a crisis, I'll give her that. If you want anyone leading your country in times of crisis, you want someone like her. I have some issues with the way she runs the economy when there isn't a crisis, but no issues with her crisis management skills, or her people skills. And I don't have to look far to see what can go wrong when you have bad leadership (or no leadership). I'm thankful I live where I do, earthquakes and all.

I agree with you WeeSam, she is showing good leadership and I reckon most of us Aussies agree that she is doing a fine job.  I must say that I have been surprised and pleased at the way our politicians here have been working together during this time.  I hope it keeps up after all this is over.  Most of us here have been keeping to the rules and doing what is needed.  There will always be some dissidents but we are mostly law abiding folk.  Here in Tassie we are doing okay, especially where I am in the North West of the state.  Our defence force & Ausmat personnel did a great job in deep cleaning our local hospitals and we are glad that they are open again. Also thanks to the electrical workers who have been working repairing the power poles and restoring power because someone drove into one and took out the power for next 8 hours.  

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-1

I hear they are in talks about opening up the border between Aus and NZ again. That would be a positive step forward.

It is good that our politicians have been (mostly) able to set everything aside to work together in a crisis. This shows good leadership. I know our Leader of the Opposition was very firm on that point at the beginning. Recently he decided to speak out against the government and bring politics back into it. Needless to say, he is no longer Leader of the Opposition. He really should have read the room better. 

Looks like there will be protests in Melbourne tonight.  I just hope they don't go off the deep end like the protesters are overseas.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Jun-3

Good luck!
I live in one of those places where things have gotten violent. My favorite stores are closed and boarded up. The one I rarely shop at anymore but where I get my glasses burned down Sunday night. We are under a curfew until this ends and I hope it ends soon.

misstracy22

Jun-3

Oh, crikey. Stay safe.

Tracy hamster