Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 55664 views.
In reply toRe: msg 411
Riddler (Riddler01)

Jul-31

Oh, well, not on well.   Oops!

Riddler

AussieSweet

Jul-31

I thought so as well, in the beginning. Unfortunately, it is more malicious than a flu, especially if you already have health problems. I mostly worry for the elderly, because they are the most vulnerable. They don't deserve to be forgotten, locked in the aged care and allowed to just die out.

LvlSlgr

Aug-4

I just read this on the internet - businessinsider.com -

US experts scrambled in the spring to predict what the future of the pandemic might look like. Many predicted that the coronavirus — like the seasonal flu — would retreat in the summer before roaring back in a second, more severe wave come fall. 

But epidemiologists are now eschewing that idea.

"There's no evidence there's going to be a decrease in cases, a trough," epidemiologist Michael Osterholm told Business Insider. "It's just going to keep burning hot, kind of like a forest fire looking for human wood to burn."

I bolded the sentence which I think is most important. And to be honest, in many areas of America it's like people are just lining up to become part of that fire. We have to do better America!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

You need to stop paying attention to Trump's antics and look to the leadership in your respective states.

The federal government can't mandate mask wearing, because they can't enforce it.

If you cannot find decent leadership in your state, then do the right thing for yourself, your family and your community - then vote when you get the chance, and get some new leadership.

LvlSlgr

Aug-5

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

You need to stop paying attention to Trump's antics and look to the leadership in your respective states.

I don't watch Trump unless it's some clip they show on the news. My state of Kentucky has excellent leadership in our newly elected (last November) Democratic Governor Andy Beshear.  We were doing very well until so many people decided they just wanted to get back to normal around the 4th of July. When Beshear saw our numbers going up starting around the middle of July he mandated mask-wearing for the next 30 days. About a week later he closed the bars completely and put the restaurants back to 25% capacity for at least two weeks. Also private gatherings are once again limited to 10 people. In the past week the numbers have started going down slightly. but not enough. Most likely he will have to extend these things.

He also recommended that any schools having in-person learning wait until the third week of August to open. (Typically here schools start no later than the second week of August.) He's doing everything he can but it's a constant fight with the Republicans who say he's over-extending his powers and fighting him in the courts. As crazy as it is - with close to 5 million confirmed cases and nearly 157,000 deaths in this country - there are people out there who still think this is a hoax.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
LvlSlgr said:

As crazy as it is - with close to 5 million confirmed cases and nearly 157,000 deaths in this country - there are people out there who still think this is a hoax.

It's a war on 2 fronts - the virus and stupidity.

LvlSlgr

Aug-6

Today in Kentucky, our governor announced the mask mandate - which was put in place on July 11 for 30 days - will be continued for another 30 days. It will be re-evaluated at the end of that period. He also said he's looking at when bars can be re-opened but it will be with very strict guidelines which have to be followed. They had already reopened at limited capacity (I don't recall the percentage) and strict guidelines, but they were shut down again because the guidelines and capacity limit weren't being followed.

Earlier in the Spring, the Kentucky State Fair board had submitted a plan for wearing masks, social-distancing, limiting exhibits, shortened hours, etc. which had been approved. But when the numbers here starting going up about a month ago they started looking at things more closely. They announced today only participants will be allowed - no spectators. They said even though they can limit the number of people (spectators) they've seen that people will not follow the rules and wear masks and social distance.

Earlier this week it was announced in Indiana that the Indy 500 Race - which had been delayed from May 30 to Aug. 23 with limited capacity - will now be run without any spectators. The Kentucky Derby has been delayed from the first Saturday in May to the first Saturday in Sept. A plan showing limited capacity, wearing masks, social-distancing, etc. had been approved a few months back. However, it was announced last week they have stopped selling tickets. We expect to hear some time next week what is going to happen with the Derby.

It's crazy ...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

First of all, commiserations - I know who your Senate reps are.

Secondly, props for admitting you live there!

Finally, what is your contact tracing like?

We had a major success in Victoria this week when it was discovered a healthcare worker at an aged care facility ate at a restaurant the same night as a woman who had COVID.  They got to her, tested her, she was negative, but she put herself in isolation at home anyway.  Four days later she tested positive. Those actions saved every life at the old folks home.  No infections there at all.

I mean, how would you do contact tracing for a state fair?!

LvlSlgr

Aug-7

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I mean, how would you do contact tracing for a state fair?!

That's one of the reasons they said only participants will be allowed. By participants, they mean it will be closed to the public - no patrons or spectators will be allowed. This will allow a more feasible way to do contact tracing if needed. The only things allowed will be the agricultural competitions and the World Championship Horse Show - but without any spectators.

When they first presented the plans back in May or June our new cases had plateaued in the low 200s and we were starting to go down. Also, at that point, they didn't realize how many people would refuse to follow the guidelines and act like the corona virus didn't exist. Once they saw our number of cases rising and how people just won't use common sense about the virus, they knew they had to do something more drastic. I'm glad to see they made the right decision.

From what I've heard, our contact tracing is supposed to be good and working very well. Of course, my thoughts on that is that it's only as good as the information you get from people (those who tested positive) and if the ones notified they may have been infected are willing to isolate for the needed period.

I heard Wednesday that there were 29 University of Louisville athletes (from various sports) who tested positive. They were able to trace it to an off-campus party the students had attended last weekend. On Thursday it was announced that three members of the men's soccer program have been dismissed from the team and three other team members have been suspended. The three who were dismissed had prior team violations and were primarily responsible for organizing the party on Saturday.

PenWeb

Aug-7

Kudos for Kentucky !!!!!

Now, if only Florida would get its act together.

Are you listening Gov. DiSantis ????

The numbers are up again after testing has resumed after Isaias passed by.

People can be such idiots.