Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 53547 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

First of all, commiserations - I know who your Senate reps are.

Secondly, props for admitting you live there!

Finally, what is your contact tracing like?

We had a major success in Victoria this week when it was discovered a healthcare worker at an aged care facility ate at a restaurant the same night as a woman who had COVID.  They got to her, tested her, she was negative, but she put herself in isolation at home anyway.  Four days later she tested positive. Those actions saved every life at the old folks home.  No infections there at all.

I mean, how would you do contact tracing for a state fair?!

LvlSlgr

Aug-7

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I mean, how would you do contact tracing for a state fair?!

That's one of the reasons they said only participants will be allowed. By participants, they mean it will be closed to the public - no patrons or spectators will be allowed. This will allow a more feasible way to do contact tracing if needed. The only things allowed will be the agricultural competitions and the World Championship Horse Show - but without any spectators.

When they first presented the plans back in May or June our new cases had plateaued in the low 200s and we were starting to go down. Also, at that point, they didn't realize how many people would refuse to follow the guidelines and act like the corona virus didn't exist. Once they saw our number of cases rising and how people just won't use common sense about the virus, they knew they had to do something more drastic. I'm glad to see they made the right decision.

From what I've heard, our contact tracing is supposed to be good and working very well. Of course, my thoughts on that is that it's only as good as the information you get from people (those who tested positive) and if the ones notified they may have been infected are willing to isolate for the needed period.

I heard Wednesday that there were 29 University of Louisville athletes (from various sports) who tested positive. They were able to trace it to an off-campus party the students had attended last weekend. On Thursday it was announced that three members of the men's soccer program have been dismissed from the team and three other team members have been suspended. The three who were dismissed had prior team violations and were primarily responsible for organizing the party on Saturday.

PenWeb

Aug-7

Kudos for Kentucky !!!!!

Now, if only Florida would get its act together.

Are you listening Gov. DiSantis ????

The numbers are up again after testing has resumed after Isaias passed by.

People can be such idiots.

KNIMtheTOAD

Aug-7

Without protection even if you don't die Covid 19 is difficult to fight  taking who knows  what tolls on memory, body functions, heart and vascular, lungs as well as sight and some yet undiscovered side effect. Grueling treatment from strangers (GOD BLESS THEM) without any visits allowed from family or loved ones. 

The numbers keep rising . Pictures of Docs RNs Tec support look haggard and twice their age in some cases. If it goes on without safe measures the medical staff will be unable to care for the sick and dying. 

The plague in the 1300's went on re-accruing every 20yrs for 300years. The Nuns fought for washing hands and wearing Masks , that the Church  thought was hieratic behavior.  

The Black death (plague in 1347) claimed  200 million lives in 4 years. They found that washing , masks and quarantines( holding ships crews for 30 days at first then to forty days quarantina  which the word Quarantine comes from were new medical standards that helped in curbing the massive death tools. So like seat belts save lives so do masks, etc. proven 700 + yrs. Do the right thing.  TOAD

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
PenWeb said:

Are you listening Gov. DiSantis ????

HAH!!

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has no idea how to wear a protective mask.

In reply toRe: msg 422
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-10

New Zealand passed a milestone yesterday - 100 days with no community transmission. And the government is currently talking about opening up the boarder to the Cook Islands for quarantine free holidays. This makes sense as the only flights to the Cook Islands are from New Zealand, and there has been no Covid at all there. And it will help the Cooks kick-start their heavily tourism based economy back up. Sadly, opening up the boarder to Australia is not going to happen any time soon.

Our government keeps warning us though not to be complacent. Be vigilent. Get tested if you have symptoms. And get a supply of masks for the emergency kit, because it is always just a matter of when, not if.

LvlSlgr

Aug-10

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

Our government keeps warning us though not to be complacent. Be vigilent. Get tested if you have symptoms. And get a supply of masks for the emergency kit, because it is always just a matter of when, not if.

Good advice! New Zealand has just been amazing throughout this pandemic. Congratulations!

In reply toRe: msg 425
LvlSlgr

Aug-11

Here's the latest on Kentucky -

The biggest news (and one a lot of people won't like) is that the governor is recommending that in-person school doesn't start back until Sept. 28 (six weeks from now) at the earliest. About a month ago he had recommended the third week in August. But as we're nearing that and our numbers still haven't gone down he has changed his recommendation. If the schools want to start earlier with NTI (non-traditional instruction, in other words online from home) they can do that. Louisville had already made the decision to do that for the first six weeks. He said he thought we needed six weeks before it would be safe. He also pointed out that it didn't make any sense to send students back to in-person learning when the virus is much worse than it was when we took them out in March. He has two children - ages 10 and 11 - so he gets it. He was talking about how hard it was trying to teach math to them. Not that the math is hard, but because they just don't listen to him. Even my son and daughter-in-law, who are teachers, have the same problem with their sons.

About two weeks ago bars were shut down completely and restaurants were put back to 25% capacity. They can now reopen at 50% capacity inside but are encouraged to continue with the outdoor seating where possible. ALL customers must be seated. You cannot be standing/congregating at the bar. If you don't have a seat you will be asked to leave. You must wear a mask except when you're eating/drinking. A curfew will be in effect for the bars/restaurants. Food/drinks cannot be served past 10 PM and customers have until 11 PM to consume it. The bar/restaurant must be emptied and closed at that time. He said one of the reasons they put this in place is that a lot of the restaurant owners complained their staff was getting off work and going to hang out at the bars, becoming infected, and then bringing it back to the restaurant.

We'll see how this goes. Myself, I've only been in a restaurant once since March. That was at 3:00 in the afternoon and they only had people at 3 other tables. I've ordered online maybe 3 or 4 times, picked it up and took it to my mom.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-11

I would love it if we could have a travel bubble with New Zealand.  But we have to wait and see if Clive Palmer will destroy everything we have worked for.  He's a short, fat Trump wannabe, who is demanding all our hard borders come down so he can fly into our state and flog all the hydroxychloroquine he has stockpiled.

That and campaigning for a senate seat.

He's at the high court, arguing our border closures are unconstitutional.

Unfortunately, he is legally correct.

So if Western Australia's border is forced to open, then all the borders must open.

No matter how bad politicians are, I have never actively wanted one to die.

Clive Palmer tests my patience.

LvlSlgr

Aug-11

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

No matter how bad politicians are, I have never actively wanted one to die.

Clive Palmer tests my patience.

I know the feeling well.