Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 92145 views.
mmpendo

Aug-20

Sorry but your post takes my reward for the most inane drivel. Please open your eyes. Would you rather folks go out and expose themselves and their families and friends to COVID and possible death or lifetime lengering health problems .

A few years ago the Post Office used to be able to handle the Christmas rush - this is the new reality. 

It isn't possible with the under funding and political interference and the counting deadline that an honest tally of votes would ever be realized. 

America prides itself on periodically calling out election fraud in other countries but some fail to recognize the corruption in their own country that may result in chaos.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

First of all, so sorry about your mother.

Do you live in a state that automatically sends out ballots?

If so, you will be a perfect litmus test for the mail in voting system - depending on whether she does, or does not, get a ballot sent to her.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

Mmpendo, you are free to disagree, but leave personal insult out of it.

I don't want this thread derailed.

mmpendo

Aug-20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Mmpendo, you are free to disagree, but leave personal insult out of it.

I thought I had commented on the post, not the poster.

But I will take the chastisement because I was frank and perhaps I shouldn't have been so. Apologies to Butch if they was offended. 

I will go back and reread the rules for the hundredth time.  

In reply toRe: msg 457
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-20

NZ's little Covid blip seems to be slowing. I think it numbered around 70, all started from one infected person who, according to the strain, came from either Australia or the UK. Authorities still haven't determined where it came from, but the workplace of the first Auckland case (a port freight company) has been ruled out. 

Today only 5 new cases were identified, and the most in one day was 11, so that's good. Auckland is still in lockdown, though the rest of the country isn't. 

Our election was due to happen middle of next month. It's now been moved one month later. 

LvlSlgr

Aug-21

It was just announced about an hour ago -

The Kentucky Derby will have no fans/spectators in attendance this year.

The Derby which is traditionally run the first Saturday in May was postponed until the first Saturday in September. When this was originally announced they expected it to be the same as in May. The Derby normally has at least 150,000 fan/spectators in attendance. However, they soon realized this wasn't possible because of the spread of the virus. As of Aug.12th the plan was to allow 23,000 fans, but a few days later it was announced they had stopped selling tickets. As I said, today they announced no fans at all. This was a very good and wise decision in my opinion.

mmpendo

Aug-21

LvlSlgr said:

This was a very good and wise decision in my opinion.

It's good to see there are responsible politicians out there that care about people.

Any large gathering is dangerous. 

None of us are happy about the disruption, hardship and death COVID has imposed on our lives.

It is what it is.

Let's all get broad shoulders and fight this together. 

LvlSlgr

Aug-21

mmpendo said:

It's good to see there are responsible politicians out there that care about people.

That's so true and our governor (Beshear) falls into that category. However, this was not a decision made by a politician. This was a decision made by Churchill Downs. The following is from a Courier-Journal story -

A person close to Churchill Downs told The Courier Journal the decision to not allow fans was not forced upon the track by Beshear, but made by themselves after lengthy considerations about public health. A Churchill Downs official told Beshear of their decision earlier this week.

The also stated they realized the city of Louisville will be impacted economically but they believed, "the safety of our guests, the community, our employees is the No. 1 priority." 

I agree 100%.

In reply toRe: msg 463
KNIMtheTOAD

Aug-22

(Jennifer you always seem to me to be such a fare  and honest on your comments.) Thank You. 

This is my Roll  Call. Tried many times to writ you an update. My family and friends are safe / well. The Covid 19  has knocked me out of my shoes .I wake up  and hope it is all a dream., I worked in the medical field and know to much to stop the worry. Sometimes I can't even play games. Usually get into MC once a day to gift. Most of the time I am in my room reading. If you look up at the castle on the left the  room with the round window that's where I will be. with my  books, 2 cats  and TOAD/Otter/MOUSE to keep me company, I will wave if I see you.  ROSALIE