Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 89034 views.

Good evening

You are so correct. Politics are all around us.  I hope to escape it when I go to the MC Forum.  Being too sensitive is a description hardly ever used in describing me.  Plus, I do very much appreciate all the work that went into and still goes into this site. Perhaps a new Discussion titled POLITICS could be added to Friends, Fletcher's Tea Room etc.  You get  what I am suggesting. Also, stop with the lecturing.

Gertie 

mdpetdoc

Sep-7

Gertie (Gertie0513) said:

I hope to escape it when I go to the MC Forum

For me this forum is an escape from everyday stress. I thought at one point we were directed to Coalition of the Confused if we wanted to discuss something lively or controversial. Politics in the Welcome! folder is not likely to make people feel Welcome.

Thanks for your input  You have given me something to think about.  Politics in the Welcome folder could and would scare folks away.   Perhaps it should be in Coalition of the Confused.  I do not know.. I am not going to discuss the anything political ." Maybe the Powers that Be" can pass the word.  Me, I will just stay away.

mdpetdoc

Sep-7

My state sent mail in ballots to everyone for the primary election. It was a great failure. Many people received ballots for the wrong district. Not because the state screwed up but because the individual hadn't updated their voter registration, driver's license, or vehicle registration when they moved. People younger than the legal age received ballots because all people are automatically registered to vote when they get a driver's license. Their age is checked at the polling location when they vote. There were a small number of polling stations open to accommodate people who may not have received a ballot but that number was very low and again because people hadn't update their information and there was no valid forwarding order. There were drop boxes everywhere for the mail in ballots. The ballots came with an individual code so you could verify that yours was received and counted.  About 16% of voters didn't get a usable ballot. In Washington, DC 1/3 of voters didn't get a ballot at all. To prevent some of these problems, everyone must request a mail in ballot, go to a polling place, or go to early voting. We all received a request for mail in ballots to fill out and return. Hopefully these steps will help with people who have failed to update their address.

I have an attorney friend who worked election law for New Jersey. In some counties, mail in election fraud was as high as 50%. It has increased since she retired.

According to several NIH short strand RNA virus researchers, all of the current COVID-19 tests are pointless. None of them are properly tested for validity and the best test, which is the nasopharyngeal swab PCR run immediately, has a false positive rate of at least 12%. Generally speaking PCR tests should be run only when there are compatible symptoms. 

• Edited September 7, 2020 9:14 pm  by  mdpetdoc
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

The sooner you accept that the November election is going to be a complete clusterfunk, the better.

You won't have a result on election night - and that is not the end of the world.

We've had that happen here in 2010.  Took about 2 weeks to get a final result.

Your country will not collapse when that happens - especially considering you have over 2 months before the swearing in of the 2020 winner.

I HIGHLY recommend voting, in person, early.

If the election stations are opened for the week leading up to November 3rd, it would mean you could vote, be sure it will be counted and can do so safely.

mdpetdoc

Sep-8

You missed my point. Unless you are one of the handful of states that have been using only mail in voting for years, relying only on mail in voting is a mistake. 

It doesn't matter who wins this election. There will be chaos. The country is already a tinderbox ready to burn like the California wildfires. A Gallup poll in 2019 showed only 86% of Americans reported themselves as very happy or fairly happy. This is the lowest level ever reported. 

From Gallup

Americans' subdued level of happiness at the end of 2019 fits in with Gallup research finding that Americans' levels of stress and worry reached new heights in 2018, while their self-reported anger matched the previous high. From a global perspective, the incidence of stress in the U.S. was among the highest in the world. And the U.N.'s annual World Happiness Report, which uses Gallup life satisfaction ratings, ranked the U.S. at No. 19 for happiness in the world last year -- down from No. 18 in 2018 and from No. 14 in 2017.

This all started before the pandemic, election campaigning, and protests. As a country we need to LISTEN to EVERYONE. We need very good group therapy and anger management.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
mdpetdoc said:

We need very good group therapy and anger management.

And grief counselling.

In reply toRe: msg 498
Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-9

You most likely know about the fires here in California by now. The ash clouds have created some ...effects. Today’s was a first. The sky turned orange.

I took this at work.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-10

Fires are also in Washington state through to Colorado.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-10

California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and a few other states are burning. The majority of the fires is on the west coast. I saw them on the CalFire map this afternoon.