Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 92543 views.
Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-10

California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and a few other states are burning. The majority of the fires is on the west coast. I saw them on the CalFire map this afternoon.

mmpendo

Sep-10

Myelle (Myelle01) said:

The ash clouds have created some cool looking effects.

Only if you consider the end of our world as we know it - 'cool looking effects'.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-10

I was trying to put a positive spin on what is a major catastrophe. Of course I don’t think of the end of our world as we know it as being anything cool. I just didn’t want to write about all that is bad.

Like I tell my carpool buddy, too bad it takes disaster to create atmospheric natural art.

Di (amina046)

Sep-10

I guess it is alright to talk about this to your car pool buddy, just make sure not to say this to an Australian!

But then there are people who take photos of car crashes and stuff.

Not least but last, 8 people died in California fires today.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-11

Last I read, that makes 12 dead. The fires have burned over 3 million acres and destroyed a few thousand buildings.

I am kind of up on the facts.

So it's been awhile since I've posted something here about my status.  

Some of you may know that I live in Minnesota and I have worked as a Nursing Assistant at a local nursing home for over 33 years.  

I think somewhere in this forum I posted that we went into certain protocols starting back in March.  Temperature checks, health questions, face masks, eye wear, no visitors, etc..............  In the past couple of months we were able to ease some restrictions.  We started allowing outdoor family visits or open window visits, our therapy department was able to start taking out-patients again, the beautician and barber were able to come in.  We were even thinking of allowing some family members in as part of an essential caregiver program. Also they were going to start testing us on a regular basis (depending on the positivity rate in our county) which right now would have been monthly and we were scheduled to have that done on the 29th of this month.

Then last month we had our first case of an employee testing positive.  She is fine now and back to work.  Her son also got covid, he had a rough time (he started turning blue and his oxygen level was at 70%) so she had to bring him to the hospital but doing better now.  Her husband has the worst of it.  He is still in the hospital (over 1 1/2 hrs from where they live) and he might be there up to 3 months.  They also informed him that he'll have permanent lung damage.  So because of this positive case we had to get tested 2 times (1 week apart) and stricter infection control measures were put in place.  Luckily both rounds of testing was negative for all residents and staff.  But today our luck ran out.............................

Just as I was leaving for work my phone rang, it was the nursing home with an automated message stating that an employee had tested positive for covid.  When I got to work I found that the unit I primarily work on was being isolated and stricter protocols were put in place.  A couple of residents who had contact with the employee were tested.  About a half hour before my shift ended we found out that one of the residents (so far) has tested positive.  All the employees are scheduled to be tested on Tues (22nd).  We do have rooms set aside for covid residents and the Assistant Director of Nursing had arrived at the facility just before I left to address our next steps.  I guess I'll know more when I get to work tomorrow.  

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.....................

Tammy

LvlSlgr

Sep-18

Tammy ... keeping you and your co-workers and patients in my prayers. pray

Debbie (Debbie1845)

Sep-18

Tammy,

How very stressful and difficult for you, your coworkers, and patients...all our Essential Workers who truly are such “Unsung Heroes “ as we have all come to know and understand as well as witness firsthand over all these many months!! 
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!! pray Please keep us updated. We are here to support you, no matter what the outcome.

Hugs~ Debbie two_hearts

oiuoiu321

Sep-18

Oh no!  Tammy I'm praying for you and all your co-workers and clients.

Thank you for all you do for those vulnerable people.

As far as I am concerned ==== you and those like you are American treasures. No doubt about it. Thank you.