Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 90859 views.

Karatopa, bluebirdgbc and me1one thanks for your kind words they mean a lot during this difficult time.

So since my last update.  I  returned to work on Monday after my 13 day quarantine.  I never did develop any major symptoms.  Just increased pain in my neck area where I'm currently dealing with a work injury and that is subsiding. I don't know if there is a possibility of contracting this again, I don't know if or for how long I am "immune" so I remain vigilant.

We completed another round of testing and I'm happy to say that only 1 employee and 0 residents tested positive, so for now it seems we have things under control. We have 16 residents in our covid unit at this time. Unfortunately we did have another resident pass away. His passing actually made the local news because he was a well known basketball coach in our area. My thoughts and prayers to his family.  

We have also had some media attention in the past week due to the fact that we had the National Guard come in to help (they left on Sunday) that didn't put things in a good light. That's all I'm going to say about this.

There has been another development. This is from my employers Facebook page:

You may have heard in the news that care centers are able to re-open to visitors. Even though we are excited to open up our care center for indoor visits, it is tempered by the fact that part of the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) guidelines are that there can be no new onset of COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days and facility cannot currently be conducting outbreak testing. At this time, we do not fit the guidelines to resume indoor visitation. We will continue to monitor our COVID situation and keep you updated on our plans to re-open safely.

I have mixed feelings about this especially since our positivity rate is going up here in Minnesota and knowing that we are heading into the flu season and the fall/winter seasons.  I guess we'll see how this all unfolds, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again to all of you, you're a special group of people!

Stay safe and wear your masks.....................

LvlSlgr

Oct-17

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom) said:

I have mixed feelings about this especially since our positivity rate is going up here in Minnesota

In Kentucky the positivity rate remains below 5.0. Today it was 4.62 based on the 7-day rolling average. However, last week it was 4.1. So it's on the rise.

The other numbers ... they're not good. On Wednesday (Oct. 14) we had our highest number of positive tests ever - 1,346. Thursday was 1,260, Friday was 1,319 and today Saturday was 1,312. This isn't good. The governor also tells us how many of these positive tests are for children age 18 and under and it's usually around 15%. So don' let anyone tell you children cannot get this virus.

datsalotta

Oct-18

Hey Elsamerald !

Thank you so much for your comment. Very few have commented on that post, so good to know that you have.

Good you are looking out for you sons' wellbeing in B.C.

Thanks again

datsalotta

Elsaemerald

Oct-18

The thanks goes to you, datsalotta, for sharing that post. 
Most years we get out to BC once or twice but, In the interests of everyone’s safety, will have to hold off for this year. 
stay well

Elsa

kthreads

Oct-18

Hi everyone.

I'm back to being able to play MC for about half an hour to forty-five minutes. I'm healing well from my bilateral mastectomy and have good range of motion. I'm back to playing MC and gifting every day. I play for about half an hour to forty-five minutes before I have to back off. Oh, and those pesky involuntary naps just won't go away....I'll be reading, knitting or watching TV, then snap up and say "Well, shit! I did it again."

Covid in Wis: Well, to put it mildly, we're in shit-shape here. So, Brian and I are staying well away from people and places as Wisconsin is now a very huge hot spot in the nation. Yay us...we made CNN news. I can't say how much I wish people would just be smart. But I'd be wasting my breath.

We occasionally do take out from our favorite Pub or have a pizza delivered. That's kind of funny...we use the same pizza place all the time and it's the same girl delivering. She masks/gloves up, comes up to one step from the top of the porch, reaches up and rings the bell, drops the pizza and runs. I mean Runs back to her car. Brian opens the door and through the storm-door, waves. As soon as she shuts her car door, he opens the storm-door and grabs the pizza. Should be interesting when snow hits.....

That's pretty much our lives....with no kids, it's just the two of us and I gotta tell ya...good thing we have two floors and his office/gaming area is downstairs while my craft/office/gaming area is upstairs. He's been spending lots of time in the yard but now with the cold weather hitting us so early, I am soooo not looking forward to the long winter.
I've been Zooming with my friends and family a lot just for the social interaction. 

That's us in a nut-shell... 

Janet

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Oct-18

Hi! Welcome back and wishes for continued healing. We used to be friends on MC? I recognize your game name.

I live in WI too. Yes, stupid hot spot. Don't go out much (essential shopping) but still, no masks on people with the signs plastered all over doors MASKS REQUIRED.

send me a PM if you want to be game friends again (seriously don't remember ios or Pc?)

Take Care.

LvlSlgr

Oct-18

So glad to see you back, Janet. Continue taking care of yourself and stay safe!

kthreads

Oct-18

I'm pretty sure we're still friends...PC 

Janet and Isadora. My PC is shut down for the night and I'm off to bed as I have to get up at 5am to go to PT. But I will check to make sure and will PM you tomorrow. 

Janet

Welcome back, glad to hear you're doing better.

I've been watching the news and what is happening in WI, not only because I'm your neighbor (live in MN) but I also have a niece going to college in River Falls. Our covid cases are also rising and that isn't good as we start to get colder weather and flu season. I'm hoping because I tested positive this month that I'll have some protection from the virus as we head into this difficult time.

I too am not looking forward to the looooooooong winter. We had snow here yesterday, not much but when I came down the stairs this morning I was expecting to see Christmas decorations...............LOL. 

Take care and stay safe....................

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-19

Can I ask what happened with the National Guard?

If you would prefer not to discuss it in the open forum, I'd love to get the story through a PM.

Whenever you have the time, of course.

How's your sense of taste and smell?