Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 113446 views.
LvlSlgr

Nov-19

The following is from a Facebook posting by my daughter-in-law's aunt who lives in Indiana. I saw it because my daughter-in-law responded she wouldn't be attending.

If I want to see my family, I go see them. I'm not going to stop living my life because of Covid. Nobody stopped their lives for the Swine Flu or H1N1, Ebola or Aids. What makes Covid so special? I'm going to have 30 family members at my house for Thanksgiving, none of them are worried about coming.

My son, daughter-in-law and their two sons will not be attending even though her mother will be. Of course, the family is now giving my daughter-in-law a lot of flack over this. My son told me this is the same family where there was a death about 6 weeks ago and a funeral. They did attend the funeral, wearing masks, and most everyone at the funeral were wearing masks. However, about 30 people went to this same aunt's house afterwards and everyone but my son's family removed their masks. My son, his wife, and boys (ages 14 and 11) weren't comfortable - and people were making fun of them - so they left. Since then at least 5 people who were at this aunt's home after the funeral have reported having covid and one uncle bad enough that he has been in the hospital for a week. And still this woman doesn't understand "what makes Covid so special."

People like this, who continue to have these type of gatherings, are exactly why this virus is spreading like a wildfire.

Yikes! Reminds me of the nurse who's working in a hospital in South Dakota who is taking care of covid patients who don't believe they're dying of covid. Story is here:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/south-dakota-nurse-dying-covid-patients-dont-believe-coronavirus-real_n_5fb2d425c5b6aad41f72129d

Our Governor just put in more restrictions, starting Friday and ending Dec 18. Calling it Dial Back to Save Lives:

See the source image

I already told my sister that I will not be going to her house for Christmas like usual. Since I work at a nursing home I just can't risk it especially after seeing what 1 case did to our facility recently. 

Yesterday I had called my father to just check in and I also wanted to tell him to be especially careful right now.  The hospitals in my area are full. We've had 2 residents who have gone to our city's hospital (non covid) and have been sent elsewhere for care because of the lack of beds.  

Please be careful out there everyone, mask up and stay safe.........................

LvlSlgr

Nov-19

Tammy, your state always seems to come up with charts which are easy to follow.

Some of the new restrictions the governor ordered yesterday included no dine-in eating at restaurants starting this Friday at 5 PM for 24 days and the same for bars. All school systems must return to virtual learning until the end of the semester. After that if your county is not considered a "red zone" then they can return to in-class following the state guidelines. They're asking all businesses to go back to having employees work from home again until the end of the year if possible.

One other thing that was announced some time last week -

The Kentucky Supreme Court unanimously ruled Thursday that Gov. Andy Beshear acted lawfully in issuing a series of executive orders restricting activities within the state in order to curb the spread of Covid-19. 

The ruling comes after months of uncertainty after some lower counts ruled against some of Beshear’s orders. The Supreme Court decision reverses those lower court rulings.  

In the opinion, the Supreme Court argued that Beshear acted within his power under the Kentucky Constitution and state law during a state of emergency.

Among those executive orders was the wearing of masks. Come on people!

• Edited November 19, 2020 2:07 pm  by  LvlSlgr

I wish our "leaders" in Texas could show the common sense shown by Ky and SD. Covid rates are exploding, and my particular county (Tarrant) in North Texas has seen an increase in cases for 10 consecutive days ---- but places that are high risk remain open.

I wish there were national guidelines for all Americans to follow that were as sensible as some individual states are doing.

Susanna502MC

Nov-19

It always makes me sad and angry that they are risking other people's lives as well as their own. It makes it worse that they harass people who try to protect themselves. I realize I'm lucky because I'm an introvert and don't mind staying home alone. It is hard for other people, but look what people went through during WWII (over 4 years in the US and longer and much worse in a lot of other countries).

LvlSlgr

Nov-19

National guidelines would be nice but I honestly don't think it will ever happen because the country is so divided. In KY we have a Democratic governor but every other office is held by Republicans. When he first started issuing this executive orders trying to do what was needed he state Republicans were fighting him, taking him to court, ... you name it. And the courts which were ruled mainly by Republican judges were ruling against the governor. Ohio is one of our neighboring states and has a Republican governor and our Republican state assembly were just praising that governor. So our governor started looking closely at what Ohio's governor was doing. It really wasn't that much different and in some instances it was stricter. So he would model his executive orders after Ohio's - explain that and that it seemed to be working for Ohio - and then they seemed to accept them.

The problem however is enforcing the rules. My brother-in-law works at Lowe's and sees what happens. People are required to wear masks or they cannot enter the stores. However, once they get inside the store and down an aisle where they think people won't notice they take the mask off. He said the employees have tried asking the people to put their mask back on but it often leads to a confrontation sometimes with the person going so far as spitting in your face.

Some people just do not believe there is a virus out there which is infecting people and even killing some.

KNIMtheTOAD

Nov-19

Adding my comments.

I think about if I had Covid 19. After 3 rounds of Cancer treatments and other medical issues have no natural immunities. Because of allergies I cannot take vaccines  I would not survive. 

Some people are positive but are showing no symptoms or so miner that they ignore and go about their daily tasks. They ware a mask wash hands often and stay the distance because they are responsible citizens. No harm no foul.

Others in same situations decide not to ware masks because "they have the right not to".  Then its like the old ad that said # "they tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends".  It is like a pyramid scheme.  That's what spread's  the virus. 

The problem now is 1st round, 100,000 dead, 2nd round 250,000 going into 3rd round. The care givers doctors, RN's, Lab techs, teachers, essential workers , hospitals and everybody is weaker, more tired and depressed and overloaded. People are not going to regular checkups surgeries delayed. They are not eating properly and unhappy. A perfect garden for The virus to grow in and spread.

The whole world is at stake! 

If I thought that I was responsible for even one death it would shatter me.  But it wouldn't be just one death because as above # # "they tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends".

Think about if you could save your Dearest friend Loved one Child or Grandparents or even just yourself by using the guidelines Mask, Wash distance. Such a small sacrifice for such a big outcome. 

THINK ABOUT IT.       KNIMtheTOAD GOD BLESS

LvlSlgr

Nov-19

I have to say I've noticed one positive thing that has been brought about by this pandemic. It's made me learn to tell my friends that I love them. I know that I love them and I really think the ones I've been friends with for years know that, but now when we talk on the phone before hanging up I make a point to tell them that I love them. I think it just means a lot more right now when we can't be together and hug each other.

In reply toRe: msg 650
LvlSlgr

Nov-19

Yes, I'll own up to it ... I've been on my soapbox today about Covid. And I'm back again. I just learned there was an Op-Ed in the Washington Post yesterday (not sure why it didn't make the network news until today) titled ... Seven Governors: Americans Need to Stay Home This Thanksgiving. Here's a link if anyone is interested -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/11/18/seven-governors-covid-thanksgiving-cancel/

I'm proud to say my governor is one of those. The other governors include:

• Governor Gretcher Whitmer from Michigan
  • Governor Mike DeWine from Ohio
  • Governor Tony Evers from Wisconsin
  • Governor Tim Walz from Minnesota (Tammy's governor)
  • Governor J.B. Pritzker from Illinois
  • Eric Holcomb from Indiana

Some of these are Democrats and some are Republicans and this shows they can come together. For those who may not be familiar I found an interactive map where I could select these states so you can see how close they are and why these governors are trying to work together. As you can see KY borders with three of the other states.