Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 117071 views.
In reply toRe: msg 650
LvlSlgr

Nov-19

Yes, I'll own up to it ... I've been on my soapbox today about Covid. And I'm back again. I just learned there was an Op-Ed in the Washington Post yesterday (not sure why it didn't make the network news until today) titled ... Seven Governors: Americans Need to Stay Home This Thanksgiving. Here's a link if anyone is interested -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/11/18/seven-governors-covid-thanksgiving-cancel/

I'm proud to say my governor is one of those. The other governors include:

• Governor Gretcher Whitmer from Michigan
  • Governor Mike DeWine from Ohio
  • Governor Tony Evers from Wisconsin
  • Governor Tim Walz from Minnesota (Tammy's governor)
  • Governor J.B. Pritzker from Illinois
  • Eric Holcomb from Indiana

Some of these are Democrats and some are Republicans and this shows they can come together. For those who may not be familiar I found an interactive map where I could select these states so you can see how close they are and why these governors are trying to work together. As you can see KY borders with three of the other states.

They also did a video together..........................

Midwest governors release video calling for social distancing, mask wearing as COVID-19 cases spike

Midwestern governors, including MI Gov. Whitmer, joined forces in a video released Tuesday calling on Americans in the region to continue following health an...

Come on people, we can get through this if we work together................

LvlSlgr

Nov-19

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.....................just hope people hear the message!!

TinyFaerie
Staff

Nov-20

I know that Biden had a video conference with several governors. Is this the same one or did he meet with another set of governors?

No, the video is of Midwest Governors urging people to use caution and to follow safety protocols during the upcoming holiday season.

A great move by these governors ---- it is not a Republican or Democratic topic, it is a national topic, and a world wide topic. I hope people will see this example and take it to heart ---- and, as Tammy says ---- work together.

Susanna502MC

Nov-20

You can't do anything for anyone else unless you protect your own health first. Unfortunately, you have to be extra careful. I hope those around you are keeping your care in mind.

marbur220

Nov-21

Well, North Texas is down one large gathering this Thanksgiving.  I usually have all my single or family-less friends over for both Thanksgiving and Xmas dinner.  So far none of us has contracted the virus nor shown any symptoms but we are not willing to take the chance (none of us are Spring chickens.). Thinking about delivering plates and setting up a Zoom meeting so we can all be together in some manner.  If not, I’ll have turkey for at least a month!

Good vibes to all and hope you and your friends and family stay healthy.

In reply toRe: msg 642
LvlSlgr

Nov-25

I'm replying to an earlier (Nov. 19) post I did about my daughter-in-law's aunt who posted on Facebook about "what makes Covid so special." ... so if you don't know what I'm talking about it will be easy to find it.

Since my son and his wife and boys were having Thanksgiving dinner by themselves he asked me about a week ago to join them. They've been very careful. My son and his wife are teachers and the Louisville school system has not had in-class learning since last March so they and the boys haven't been in school. Whenever they go anywhere they are very careful about wearing masks and they don't go places unless it's absolutely necessary. So I felt relatively safe going to their house for Thanksgiving - as long as I wore a mask.

Well, guess what I saw on Facebook today??? My daughter-in-law's mother - sister to the aunt who posted the "what makes Covid so special" comment - is now in her 3rd day of Covid. I called my son and asked him when was the last time his wife was around her mother. He said about three weeks ago. I don't know but I think that's cutting it a little too close for comfort. I think I'm playing it safe and staying home. He told me to do whatever I think is best.

A part of me hates to stay home because I wanted to see my grandsons (ages 14 and 11) and I think they will be disappointed. But I'd rather stay home this year than not see them at all for years to come. Right???