Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 113374 views.
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-25

I'm sorry you had to make that decision, it must have been very hard. But you know it is the right decision for you. 

Very, very sad ---- but very, very right. worried

So sorry you had to make this tough decision, maybe your son will bring you some leftovers. 

I understand about not seeing your family, we don't have Thanksgiving down here in Australia, but I know about not seeing family.  My son & D-I-L live in Spain and I haven't seen her since October 2018, when we met up in the States. I saw my son in January 2019 when he was down under for work, saw my grandson in Octo 2018, also in the States.  He was due to move to Texas for work for 2 years earlier this year, but that is on hold. Do get to speak to him on the phone.  Haven't heard from the others since July.  No news is good news in my book.

KNIMtheTOAD

Nov-25

During WWII my mother in law saw her husband 1 time in 4 years. He was moved so often to different countries and with the bombings  everywhere  there was no relief. He was in English side of secret service.  He had trained as a cabin boy 2 years and went to  sea at 12 for 6 yrs. until he was called home to be in Royal fire brigade 2 yrs and then to serve  until end of war in secret service. Everything was rationed. Everything. When pork and beans came from US the can took a meat ration . They were hard to get. You could go to a restaurant and would get 1 slice of bread and a spoonful of pork and beans. And it was a wonderful treat.  My husband and his brother had never seen citrus until they came to America. Age 5 & 8. 

What they gave up for Freedom was so much more then face masks washing hands and distance.

I know what we have to do now is hard for us and depressing and scary. But as my Father in law used to say buck up stiff upper lip  and carry on.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL  

KNIMtheTOAD

I hear you.  I often think my forebears will be turning in their grave.  Many came out from England, not always of their own free will, and never had contact with family again.  Most couldn't read or write.  Those that could write would have to wait close to 2 years for a reply, if one ever came.  I sometimes wonder what has happened to our pioneer spirit.  My father served in both the Australian Army and had to resign to join the R.A.A.F.  He was based in Darwin during the bombings and the Japanese Sub that came into Sydney Harbour let fly a shell that landed in the street behind the one my mother lived in.  They didn't have the separations that your people did, because Dad used to fly in to land at the Flying Boat Base at Rose Bay.  He didn't always get to see mum on those missions but usually flew over her house & dipped his wings to let her know he was O.K.

People who can gather with their families this Thanksgiving in both the U.S and Canada have much to be thankful for.

mmpendo

Nov-26

KNIMtheTOAD said:

What they gave up for Freedom was so much more then face masks washing hands and distance.

So true. 

LvlSlgr

Nov-26

I had a thought earlier this morning ... yes, I'll wait for the laughter to die down ... LOL

Gee, just think of all the young ... and maybe some middle-age ... cooks* making Thanksgiving dinner for the very first time thanks to Covid. My daughter who is 45 is one of those because they've always gone to her husband's family for Thanksgiving. She sent her husband to the grocery - he cooks as well - and he came back with a 23-lb turkey. She said he wanted leftovers. They're going to be eating turkey forever! LOL

*Notice I said "cooks" ... I didn't want to discriminate. LOL

In reply toRe: msg 669
LvlSlgr

Nov-28

Governor Andy Beshear announced on Friday that the number of COVID-19 reported on Thanksgiving was a new record high - 3,870. Friday's positivity rate was 8.85%. There were 1,714 people hospitalized as of Friday, 390 in the ICU and 216 currently on ventilators. 

These numbers may not seem high compared to other states but KY only has a projected population 4.6 million.

The second highest number of confirmed deaths - 32 - was also announced. I don't know how other governors announce these things except for the state of Indiana. Since Indiana is right across the river from Louisville they are considered local news. When they were having live broadcasts the governor left it up Dr. Kris Box, the Indiana State Health Commissioner to announce the number of cases and deaths, etc. And that's all that they were ... numbers.

In KY, each day Gov. Beshear is the one who gives the numbers. He said from the beginning he would not put the responsibility off onto someone else - especially the number of deaths.  And when he announces the number of deaths this is how he does it -

The 32 deaths include:

• A 73-year-old man from Barren County
  • A 66-year-old woman from Bell County
  • A 48-year-old woman from Jefferson County
  • A 67-year-old man from Graves County

... and so on. He can't give out any more information than this, but he wants you to know these were people, not just numbers.

Anyway, we set record numbers this week in KY. We can only wonder what the numbers be like 2 to 3 weeks from now after Thanksgiving ...

Newest update:

On Nov 23rd I got a message from work, we had 1 resident test positive. He was transferred to our sister facility because they had their covid unit activated.  

Yesterday I got to work and found out that 2 staff and another resident tested positive.  This time we had to activate our covid unit because our sister facility's unit was full. We were testing staff twice a week and residents once a week, but now we will probably have resident testing twice a week now that we have active cases. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a widespread outbreak.

Stay safe and wear your masks....................