Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 114529 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

3/27/20

I can't visit my mum in law or my father either. I could see my dad if I pushed it but the seniors complex is asking us not to. Mum's carehome is flat out saying no visitors. It's hard and we are not even separated by the close border. Hugs to you (((((Pat)))) and all of us out of touch with our loved ones.

Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

3/27/20

CzoeMC said:

when grandma would get too old, they would send her adrift on an ice floe,

:)

I'm smiling because my mom used to say that too me when I was a teen and care homes were being busted for abuse and neglect. My mom passed 4 years ago next month. Not on an ice floe. :)

Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

3/27/20

Goodness - that flew over your head lol

Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

3/27/20

The title of the video

Coronavirus Food Shortage Joke

RosieBVT

3/27/20

I guess I just miss the humor in it.  Especially now that I've been unable to get toilet paper or soap for weeks and have found that the senior hours at the local stores are 6-7am two or three days a week.

Honeyphan

3/27/20

I'm a recent single, empty-nester - my last one flew the coop in the fall of last year. Both my boys and daughter-in-law share an apartment. One or both boys used to come over once a week to visit and do laundry, go out to eat, play games, watch Netflix or something like that, or just spend time together, and she'd come once in a while too (but usually went to visit her fam. or was at work during the time my boys came). That is no longer an option and it is very difficult not to see them. (We still text and had a phone Skype the other night, watching a few shows from a series together while apart, and conversing over the headsets (thank God for Skype!) but I miss actually seeing them and being with them. (Neither of my sons have a camera on their computers to get a visual).

What is harder is knowing that my d-i-l has strep throat (or tonsillitis - not sure it it's one or both - it has changed since I last spoke to my eldest),  my eldest is getting over a sinus infection, and my youngest had the flu, that both the others had first - they went to the doctor and are on antibiotics, but the poor kids don't even have toilet paper! (He assured me on the phone that they have plenty of paper towels for a substitute, (yikes!) And they are eating rice - almost all they have (they bought a huge bag of it at Sam's before this started.) The Sam's they live near sold out of T.P. - I know our Wal Mart did too, and thank God we are fully stocked and, before all this started, I got the strong urge to write it on the grocery list to have extra.) I soooo want to go and help my kids, but I can't. Even if I could jump in the car or talk my brother into taking me, they live in a gated, high-security community that I'm sure wouldn't let me in because of this "stay in place" order. (I need to look into that...)

Yesterday, what's left of my family in this house had an argument with said brother, (who also lives here) - and went to Sonic for a hamburger, face to face, instead of ordering in. (crazy, I know. Crazier still to have a fight about that.)

MC and other computer games, forums, Youtube (making music vids), and Fanfiction (writing and reading it) - have long been my sources of social entertainment to keep myself sane and help ease the stress -and thank God for social media, especially at this time! (And totaled together, that is more than I have revealed about myself online in years - lol - I keep my life private and rarely give out info. publicly like this, especially so much of it, but as we are sharing as a community of how this Covid scare has affected us personally, I thought I would too...

I pray every day for this nation, for our world, for my family, and for you guys - and when I open my friends list at MC to gift, I pray for all of them.

We will get through this. Stay safe and well...

~honey

@--->---->-----

• Edited March 27, 2020 3:22 pm  by  Honeyphan

Guess I won't starve, Myrtle cat keeps bringing me live mice.  Not a fan of eating them myself, but am getting good at catch and release.

In reply toRe: msg 88
Di (amina046)

3/27/20

Queen Elizabeth has tested positive cry

We just moved into Fountain of the Sun retirement community in Mesa, AZ a week and a half before all this hit.  We’re fortunate our home sold & the new closed before this began.  We only moved 2.5 miles, but were excited to join an active retirement community.  Then, after 2 weeks here, everything closed.  All activities stopped, for obvious reasons.

We are staying home, except for a grocery run once a week and prescriptions as needed.  It’s a chore when we do shop because we sanitize every bag and item we bring in before we put it away.  Then we sanitize the counter everything sat on until it was sanitized!  

We do yoga, led by Yoga with Adrienne on You Tube every day and go for bike rides once or twice a day.  Just trying to stay safe like everyone else.  Hope everyone is ok!