Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Window wireless service   Technical Issues

Started Mar-28 by Katijay (Katijay46); 820 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Mar-28

Does anyone know if I do a windows restore or refresh if this will get my wireless to work again...I have spent all day trying the various internet fixes and nothing has worked...the only thing that didn’t work was trying to uninstall the wireless driver, it never finished the task...I really don’t want to restore, but if that is my only option I will...

mdpetdoc

Mar-28

What is the brand of your device and wireless driver? Have you been able to connect another device to your modem?

Katijay (Katijay46)

Mar-28

I have a pc, running windows 10 version 1903....Intel(R) Dual Band wireless-AC 3160...my phone is using my Internet I even tried restarting the router, but that didn’t help either...

mdpetdoc

Mar-28

What brand of PC? Has the name of your modem or device been changed by an update?

• Edited March 28, 2020 10:04 pm  by  mdpetdoc
In reply toRe: msg 3
Katijay (Katijay46)

Mar-28

Meant modem...

mdpetdoc

Mar-28

Your wireless was discontinued in Oct 2016 so a windows update might have given you a "compatible" driver which could have hosed things. Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75442/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160 and try downloading the correct driver from Intel to see if that will fix your issue.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XyFSAU/dual-band-wirelessac-3160-wifi-problems?language=en_US is some of the connectivity issues and possible fixes.

• Edited March 28, 2020 10:09 pm  by  mdpetdoc
Katijay (Katijay46)

Mar-28

Inspiron 5755 I have not had any resent updates last one was 9/17/2019...I will say I have recent had many blue screens the last 3 resulted Driver Power State Failure... I have done several network reset which was working, but then after awhile it would drop again...

Katijay (Katijay46)

Mar-28

Thank you I will try these websites although I will say when I tried update driver it told me I had the latest one...I was also upset that it didn’t allow me to uninstall the driver all it did was loop...

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Mar-29

If you have an Ethernet Connector (Cable) you could try connecting your device DIRECTLY to the MODEM.  Then go into Network & Internet Settings and select the Ethernet Connection.

So, Modem could be wonky, WiFi Router could be wonky.  Could also be that your resident WiFi Adapter is wonky.  Or a combination of any of the above. 

If you have a Dongle (a USB Wireless Network Adapter) you could try that as well.  Again, go into Network & Internet Settings and Select the Wireless Adapter (may show up as the manufacturer of the Dongle, like NetGear, for example. ) Dongles (Wireless Network Adapters) run about $35.

And, another option to get you online, if your Cell Phone has HotSpot Capability, and if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to use it, you could try that until you fix whatever wonky hardware or software issues.

Hope this helps!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Katijay (Katijay46)

Mar-29

Thank you...I really don’t think I can move my modem the way it is hooked up...I think I am just going to get professional help, but that could be a little hard right now my modem is fairly new and every thing had been working fine except for the “please wait” in the game...and the blue screens I was getting...