Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I know every country is going through this. We need these   Messages from the Heart

Started Mar-31 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd); 1850 views.
In reply toRe: msg 10
katiek2

May-23

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'As long as we have Memories, yesterday remains. As long as we have Hope, tomorrow waits. As long as we have Love, today is Beautiful. Author Unknown FDM/Facebook'

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-1

That's lovely. I like it.

What's Memorial Day?

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jun-1

Memorial Day commemorates the men and women who died while in the military service of their country, particularly those who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained in battle. In other words, the purpose of Memorial Day is to memorialize the veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.  We spend time remembering those who lost their lives and could not come home, reflecting on their service and why we have the luxury and freedom that we enjoy today. We might consider how we can support and safeguard their grieving families and loved ones who are left behind.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-1

Ah, got it. Similar to our ANZAC Day then. Thanks

LadyDiFL

Jun-3

Greetings from Florida!  When I was growing up (in the 50's) today's Memorial Day was called Decoration Day.  On that day, in particular, people "decorated" the graves of their loved ones with flowers and ribbons.  Through the years it has evolved  into more of a memorial for military.  It is also the "unofficial" start of our summer season here in the USA.  Middle is Independence Day (July 4th) and end is Labor Day (1st Monday of September).

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-4

Oh, I like that - Decoration Day. Nice. Shame you don't have that anymore. 

KNIMtheTOAD

Jun-4

Hey Weesam, you can do decoration day on your own.  When ever I am in California I go to the beach, pick up shells and pretty pebbles and put them on my parents graves. It is so sweet to talk to them. Lost my dad when I was 23 and mom at 33. 

KNIMtheTOAD

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-6

I'm so sorry you lost your parents so young. Both mine are in their 80's and still alive, although neither are well.

I read something recently, and I think it was about Jane Austen, but I can't remember or confirm that. Anyway, whoever it was liked visiting the local graveyard, but was always sad for the graves that didn't have any flowers, so she always made sure every grave had flowers on it. I liked that. Wish I could remember if it was Jane Austen or someone else.