Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Transferring Game   Technical Issues

Started Apr-8 by WelshShelley; 306 views.
WelshShelley

Apr-8

As you all are aware, I am having problems and am always having problems, getting the download on my Ipad.

I cannot afford the latest version of a mini Ipad (its £400 plus). It has all bells and whistles on this thing, and I wouldn't use one third of it. I would only use for photographs, videos, my music, MC and BBC Iplayer, of which I use my old one for.

It has been suggested by TJ and by my Nephew, to get a reconditioned Ipad, newer version than mine. It will still cost me a bit of dosh.

My nephew also suggested I transfer my game to my Apple Desk Top (this was my present to myself, when I retired). Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to play the game, when I was away from home.

But if the worse comes to the worse, and I have to, how do I transfer MC from Ipad to Apple Desk Top.

Is it at all possible to do this?

I don't want to pack the game in, as I really enjoy the game (even when I moan and groan), I have never ever met my friends on here, but we are still good friends, and that includes People who are on other platforms., not just IOS.

So, you Techies out there, thinking caps on, and let me know.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

In reply toRe: msg 1
WelshShelley

Apr-8

OK, this is a scenario.

Out of curiosity...........I have done this, because I am not a Happy Bunny, with BFG.

BFG, last year (and they have told other "Old" Ipad users), our Ipad needs updating, so basically go and buy a new one.

The new Update needs 232 MB of Free Space.

I have 4.8 GB of space available on my Ipad.

So, to see how a download goes with BBC Iplayer, I decided to download something from the BBC, and take details of what I had in GB space and how much MB the BBC App was taking.

OK, I had 4.8 GB, the BBC App was 85.2 MB, then I downloaded an episode of Luther, so then I had 4.5 GB and I had used 336.78 (BBC App is now 422 MB)

The download took 2 minutes to prepare and then 2 minutes to download, 4 minutes in total, AND it is perfect.

My question is...............if it works PERFECTLY well with the BBC download and a greater reduction (but smaller than MC download) in my space, why won't the MC Update download.

I have an opinion it is nothing to do at all with my Ipad being old. I think it is BFG and problems their end.

Ideas, please people.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

Robert (amf368)

Apr-8

The problem with older devices is the graphics. MC has much better graphics and interative's than it did in the beginning.   I do not think MC is MAC compatable, only PC, Android, and IOS. I would send an E-mail on that directly to Elephant games, they are the experts on compatability and requirements for play. Look for a ipad sale Or look For a unit that is newer than your's but maybe not the lastest. Like if you have an iPhone six, upgrade to a 10 instead of the newest eleven. You are going to have to do a lot of research. 

WelshShelley

Apr-9

Thanks Robert for the reply.

I have sent a ticket to BFGs Zendesk, had the normal reply we will be in touch 24-72 hours time, 72 hours is up today. Sow ill nag them later on today.

As for compatibility, does anyone know, what is the latest compatibility/version for the game and IOS? my Ipad says 9.3.6 (13G37).

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

See other message thatI posted.  to,you.  Hmmmmmm . My brother-in-law. Is MD, needs to attend seminars for Required education units for license renewal. 
Very pricey...but he has received iPad mini, and another time iTunes certificate for $100.00 US dollars, that he gave to me to defray cost of  Apple laptop for college daughter. 
maybe a possible option. 
don’t worry about the bells and whistles...just use basic functions. The  faster, smoother playing of game.

It is an extremely rare person, who knows every bit of an items software. 

bes of  luck four_leaf_clover

Di (amina046)

Apr-9

Oh dear. My ipad is on version 13.3.1

Sun (sunriserain)

Apr-9

My iPad is on version 13.4.1

sun

Di (amina046)

Apr-9

Mine wants to update too but internet is slow so I postponed it. unamused

Sun (sunriserain)