Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help Needed please   Technical Issues

Started May-14 by criccieth10; 2186 views.
criccieth10

May-14

Hi Everyone

I have played MC for several years although have rarely posted on this forum.

I recently had a nightmare when my game crashed with just 3 iris to find to complete the latest castle challenge and I lost everything as my game reset back to the beginning. In fairness Big Fish were really helpful and have reset me back to Level 97 and have given me back items I could remember and there lies my dilemma.

I know I had a lot more in my inventory than I told them but as I didn't have it recorded anywhere I couldn't request it.

I have decided the way forward is to complete an inventory maybe weekly or monthly so if it happens again (fingers crossed never) I could give them more accurate information. Does anyone have a spreadsheet template I could use for this purpose before I set one up please?

Thankfully I didn't lose my friends but I may not gift as often as I did due to a severely diminished inventory. I also have to redo all the challenges, achievements, room items etc :( 

Any thoughts/help gratefully received

Criccieth10 (playing as ElsieJ)

Flootie

May-14

Hi, just want to say how terribly sorry I am at what you went through with your game. It’s a great idea to keep a log of your inventory. Unfortunately, I can’t help you with that as spreadsheets are not my friend. I’m not technically minded. If you play on IOS, I could send a friend request and gift some inventory stuff. I’m not bothered about receiving gifts. Please let me know.

Best wishes, stay safe

player name Shroomie

criccieth10

May-14

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your kind words. I play on PC but thanks for the very kind offer

Criccieth10

Flootie

May-14

Sorry I can’t send things, then. If you ever do start playing on IOS new friends are always welcome. Hope someone can help you out very soon.

Best wishes, always

misstracy22

May-14

Hi Elsie,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your game. Good idea to make a note of you items etc. I’m on iOS, I take screen shots of my items. As it has a date on the photo. I usually take them monthly. I should take more I’m sure. I don’t know how you do this on PC, although I’m sure someone will help out here. Or they may know a better way. 
May I suggest if you want to increase your friends list. You can have your name added to the Master List. You will find it here. 
http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/163/562

Chillipep ( not sure that is the correct spelling, sorry) will be happy to ad you. 
I’m one of the consortium members, Debbie is our wonderful co-ordinator. If there is anything we can do please do just ask.

Take care, Tracy octopus

Robert (amf368)

May-14

I am at level 97, So the first page has so much that I do not write it down.  I know I have all pets and avators and amulets. I write down coins, shards, diamonds. pet food, and crafted items, presents, medallions,  stamps, eggs,  airship items and amulet energy units weekly. I do the seasonal events and the end of the event.

I made a column list and just change the number next to each item as weekly. you can use a spreadsheet program then save and print it.  When the paper gets old just reprint it The longest one it the crafted list. Ounce you get the list mad it is easy to maintain. I just erase the old number and write in the new one. I  always update the list before doing a update, windows or game.

misstracy22

May-14

Thank you Robert, as usual your explanation is much better than mine. So a quick reply too. 
Hope you are doing ok, with everything that is happening. Anything I can do for you, please say.

hugs as usual, 

Tracy beetle

Honeyphan

May-14

I am so sorry that happened to you, and I hope you get everything needed and replaced soon!

I play on PC and record my inventory by taking pics of the monitor with my phone (with the game not at full screen), and do it at the end of each play day (deleting the pics that were there before). I take a pic of the stamp section, the airship section, the pet section with food, the seasonal event inventory section and my regular inventory on any items that were hard to get or I have a lot of - usually just the last page of the inventory if there are too many. I make sure the coins, diamonds, and shards all show when I do it. Basically taking a pic of anything I would hate to lose and want replaced.

Oh- and I also took a pic of the opening screen with Anabel on it (when game first starts) and the numbers there at the bottom left, if they are ever needed... (I only change that pic out when there are updates).

• Edited May 14, 2020 7:16 pm  by  Honeyphan
criccieth10

May-15

Thank you for your kind reply. That sounds like a really sensible idea and one I will adopt

criccieth10

May-15

Thanks Tracy

I am on the master list and Chilpep is also one of my friends.

I definitely will be keeping a record of my inventory going forward!

Thanks again for your kind wishes

Criccieth10