Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dumb questions.. destiny key   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started May-21 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd); 1352 views.
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

May-21

My lower level game (Twinkle) is advancing on to LVL 69 (3685/5440)

I know the destiny keys start sometime in lvl 69 ? Correct?

I  want the key quests.

So.. how do I not go further, without skipping them. Repeating I WANT to get the keys for the pets.

My other games progressed with the normal wait/updates. I would like to get the game to level and do the key quests enough to get the pets.

What do I do to not go further at the moment?

Not accept the update?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mdpetdoc

May-21

Normally, you stop doing regular character quests to stop leveling up. If you stop leveling up, you should continue with whatever other tasks are available. 

Here is some additional info from the MC Guide, starting with message 158:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/109/141

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

May-21

Thanks, that kinda helped.. LOL.

Still confused, but I have to accept the update for lvl 69? 

Because that is the only way to advance at this point.

I just don't want to wait to go all the way to the end ( and really don't think I could do it on my phone)

Thanks to both of you for replying

CindyK65

May-22

You need to level up until you get the blue key quests. Watch for the blue mark above some of the characters, the Tavern, the ice room, etc. There are 7 of them. You will not lose them until somewhere in Lvl 71, I think.

Like medpetdoc said, just stop doing the character quests.  Accepting updates is okay.  You will not actually advance in the game unless you do Pinfeathers quests.  And remember, some players have had problems doing the Blue Key Quests together with the Character Quests.  The game can't have one character doing both and sometimes that happens if both quests are open, which results in not being able to move forward.  So do the updates, but do not open Pinfeathers.  Just do the characters with the blue exclamation points above their head.

Then, when you're ready to continue the storyline quests, make sure you don't have any Blue Key Quests open.  Just to make sure there's no conflict.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

May-22

Well, I got to where Anabel offers the key as reward for opening the ghostly chest. Still at lvl 68.

And.. this is gonna take a long time.. lol.

But at least I got started on getting the destiny keys.

Thanks everyone for your advice and input. Even though I have been playing this game since the beginning, the old mind doesn't remember what - I - did - when. smirk

Never had the full content either.

Thanks again!

AEGram

May-23

Pinfeathers - Anabel (6 tasks); Lord Chamberlain (6 tasks) & Open Ghostly Chest (cost added below)
Anabel - Skeletal Grasper & Poisonous Breath -- Start getting 1 Destiny Key upon quest completion for each quest from here on.  4795/5440 end of this one.
Anabel - Henry the Archeologist (5 tasks) & Bison Persistence  
Henry - Craft Folio (4000) & Peace Keeper (3000)
Henry - Craft Prison Baton (4000) & Deadly Gulp (3600)
Henry - Craft Steam Mechanism (1900) & Pang of Conscience (1200)

LEVEL 69 
Henry - Craft Astral Protection (750) & Seal of Obedience (800)
Henry - Craft Ancestor's Spirit (no coin) & Eternal Light (500) -- at the end of this quest, the first "side quest" is presented. Each "side quest" yields 1 destiny key; need 50 destiny keys to craft the Keys of Fate.
Anabel - Heiress Regalia & Steel Defender
Anabel - Iron Knight (4 tasks) & Magma Sphere

This is the beginning of the side quests, as you've already determined.

So, if you want to just stop with the character quests to gather Destiny Keys, then you can definitely do that....HOWEVER, at this point, I don't think a pet will show up in the Ghostly Chest......Pinfeathers has already directed you to "Open the Ghostly Chest" .....it will cost 5000 coins to unlock it....

So, the first thing I would do is go to the Dark Portal site and actually unlock the Chest.....then look inside....I'm guessing you will only see the Portal Activator......After you secure that item, if you look inside the Chest, you'll see the Rainbow Dragon.

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure you will need 100 Destiny Keys to get that first pet because the first trip to the Ghostly Chest will give you the Portal Activator.

Also.....please remember to feed your pets BEFORE you get that first 50 Destiny Keys as they will also give you DKeys in their chests. (When you have at least 50, they no longer give them to you.)

In reply toRe: msg 8
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

May-23

Thank You! AEGram! That is all very helpful.

I did notice my pet that I fed gave me a Destiny key!

Think I will just stay where I am for a couple days.. see what I can get. Beside, my internet has been kinda funky today, don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks again blush

butch53

May-26

I am lvl 97, and play the destiny key quests every day, great way to complete Trina's quests, and have items to exchange for shards (one key = one shard).  I have 3000 keys, and use them to get shards for Trina's quests when necessary