Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

fyi, lost all game files so will be asking for friends again   Friends

Started May-25 by retiredw2; 1303 views.
retiredw2

May-25

Hi, am new to game forum but not to the game.  I had achieved level 66 of Midnight Castle and had a pc hard drive crashed permanently.  Lost game data files so had to restart game again.  I have asked support if they save game files but no response yet.  Likely not available.  

So will be asking for friends again.  Lost all friend ids so don't know who they were.  I'll try adding some of your ids that you have given permission to use to ask for friends.  Don't know old user id but it might still be the same as I am still using the game program which is installed on a different hard drive than the failed C drive.  Just the game saved data files were lost not the program itself. 

ID is 868477. 

Player name:  Retired Warrior. 

Thanks.

Robert (amf368)

May-25

I you had you old game id Big Fish could transfer you old game to the new id. People are always changing devices. You would still need to reinvite all your friends because they do not transfer. In a transfer the only thing use loose is your friends. 

retiredw2

May-25

Thanks Robert, I did reinvite you so have you back in my list.  I am waiting to hear back from the tech support people in case they have my saved data. I'll transfer the old data to the new game id if they can get them to me.  Of course then I'll have to reinvite you again.  :)

Robert (amf368)

May-25

I had you as a friend under your old game, so if you need your old game id let me know. If Big Fish transfers your old game to your new id you will not loose the friends you have invited, you will keep them and just be back at your old  level with all inventory, just not the friends from the old id. 

retiredw2

May-26

Thanks!  I do need that old ID.  Please let me know what it was.  I was just contacted by tech support and they can get me the old data back if I have that old ID.

:)  Thanks much.

Robert (amf368)

May-26

Did you get your game back already. Your new game is at level 67 and matches your old game Wishlist. Your old game id is 819415 at level 67. 

retiredw2

May-27

YES! Old game data is back!  :)  and it was 67.  I kept thinking 66 but I had just gotten to 67 when my c drive bit the dust.  Caused by low voltage from my UPS that had finally gone out.  Burned up the fairly new hard drive motor.  Dead as a doorknob.

Robert (amf368)

May-27

when I replaced my hard drive I bought the new SSD(solid state drive), no moving parts. 

retiredw2

May-27

Will definitely consider an SSD when I can afford it.  Not right at the moment.  :)  But thanks for the advice.  I agree with you.

MoTom61

Jun-1

Robert:  That's interesting!  Never heard of a solid state drive, but it seems quite logical.  I don't think I would mind spending the extra $$, especially if they last longer!  It would probably be to my advantage to go ahead and buy it before I need to because I remember when I had to replace one a few years ago.  What a nightmare!  Thanks for this info and I'll look into it for sure.