Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wifi issues with this Update   Technical Issues

Started Jul-7 by datsalotta; 440 views.
datsalotta

Jul-7

Anybody else having this experience?????

Message repeating over and over - Retry / Quit. I go to my wifi connection on PC and try to connect. Sometimes works but several times will not connect.

My router, ipad, pvr all are connected. Only MC is not connecting.

I'm thinking that with so many MC players installing the update may be too much for MC signal to get through

It's overwhelming and am almost ready to give up playing the game for a day or 2 til this is sorted.

Appreciate any feedback. Thank you

AEGram

Jul-7

Soooooooo since you're on PC, there must be an Ethernet port.

Perhaps going to your router and connecting an Ethernet cable from the router to the PC for a short period of time will help resolve the issue.

Also.............if you have a laptop.....perhaps being closer to the router (in a direct, line of site) so there will be no wall interference or distance issue would also resolve issue.

In reply toRe: msg 2
datsalotta

Jul-7

Your suggestions are much appreciated. 

My laptop is in the same room as the router. Connecting the ethernet cable to the laptop.....well I've never done that before and would find moving furniture and things around somewhat inconvenient. Unless I REALLY had to.

Right after I made this post, I tried my PC games again. All 3 are WITHOUT wifi issues surprisingly and Touch Wood my issues are resolved. 

Someone said in the forum a while back that MC has issues in this regard. With the new update just started may have overloaded their signal ??? Could be, right?

I still wonder though if anyone else has experienced the same loss of wifi signal on PC like me. Any feedback in this regard much welcomed. Thank you.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Jul-7

I have intermittent WiFi outages on my PC. It seems like the computer just cuts off the connection on its own. Not sure if it is a new security feature or just a problem somewhere.

It does it mostly when I try to download multiple files or when I just don’t use it for long periods of time.

AEGram

Jul-7

datsalotta said:

Someone said in the forum a while back that MC has issues in this regard. With the new update just started may have overloaded their signal ??? Could be, right? I still wonder though if anyone else has experienced the same loss of wifi signal on PC like me. Any feedback in this regard much welcomed. Thank you.

On another forum....someone was having WiFi issues with the download. Being on iPad, it was not possible to connect an Ethernet cable to the device.

However, when she moved closer to her router and plugged in her iPad, the download finally finished..........also, it was noted that her husband had been doing "something" on his computer. So, he may have been streaming something or playing some bandwidth intensive program that caused there to be less bandwidth available to her.

So......when having issued with WiFi....always good to check other family members to see if they're using a bunch of the bandwidth.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Parrot11mc

Jul-7

I play on an iPad.  I did the update, but when I open the game, click yes for storage, it never gets past 0%. It just closes the game automatically.  I did a reset but that didn't help. Any ideas?

loopykaren

Jul-7

Clear your cache on any browsers  u use.  Maybe do a full a full clear of ur pad.  Sounds like u need more space to download. ps.im not good on ipad but im just trying to think of ideas to help.

In reply toRe: msg 5
datsalotta

Jul-8

Thought about something else going on another device at the same time I was having connection problems.

Went to do a search on my pvr and a totally new search engine had been updated. I thought the pvr could have been receiving an update which dedicated my router for a time.

Also we have a 'smart' TV which receives updates.

All is well now, happy to say.

Thanks for your time to send me your thoughts.

datsalotta

Jul-8

Hey Parrot11mc

I use ipad too. I check often in Settings / General / ipad storage. The bar at the top shows how much memory is being used / free to use. Then I scroll down and choose apps to "Offload" or "Delete" until I'm satisfied there is enough memory available to download new stuff

Anyway, that's the first thing I would check. 

Hope this helps

datsalotta

Jul-8

The only time I've had a wifi connectivity problem is just when the new update arrived - what - 3 days ago?

Could not keep a strong connection for better part of 2 days. Frustrating. Then on the 3rd day I had steady strong wifi connection. 

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated. And good to know I'm not the only one with wifi issues.