Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MORPHING   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Jul-11 by Gardenbird; 1745 views.
datsalotta

Jul-26

When I first started playing (6 years ago), one of my forum friends was anal about collecting flowers. Many pms about flowers later and I became that way too. We would let each other know if we found new locations of flowers in the rooms.

I'm mentioning this because it takes practice practice practice to seek out the locations of morphs. For sure there's 8 morph locations per room. Someone said there's a dozen locations.

Same kind of practice when playing a newly opened HOS. Have to practice and repeat them to be able to find all the items and it takes time to finally be able to find them all. 

So please don't quit trying. You can only get better in time. Hope you finish the 150 morphs challenge. 

Good Luck challenging yourself !! ((-:

AEGram

Aug-8

Just some general info that may or may not be helpful:

1. Morphs......To get used to finding them, a little darkness in the room is helpful. They show up more in some of locations than others....when going to one location, you may immediately see 2 and even 3. The tavern is a place where I find them easier to spot. Castle Vicinity ... they're usually near the burnt tree, around the Iron Chest and over by the Broken Carriage. ................when doing the morphing challenge, I start in the Tavern and go though the Castle, then select another area from the map. .........I just open the location, click on the ones I see, go to the next location. I find that if I'm only collecting morphs that they tend to appear sooner when I get to a location.

2. Coins........Everyone in the beginning levels runs low on coins. With many of the event rooms yielding 250 coins when maxed out, you can do the equivalent of 5 rooms with only completing one room. The strategy during events is to stop leveling up.......get around 75 friends (so you'll hopefully have 50 friends showing the current event room)......play every HOS in your friends' rooms a day, or as many as you can. .............You will find that at the end of the event, you will have a healthy coin inventory as well as lots of stamps of all varieties, pet food, and airship items. You'll also have an abundance of event items that you can either convert to shards to decorate your private room or play with Trina....or you can sell them for a few more coins.

3. If you're still having difficulty with seeing morphs by time the next Castle Challenge is issues, you may want to see if you can do all the tasks for the first avatar alone. Every single one of the CCs has had a collection of morphs as at least one of the tasks.

4. If you ever forget how to get to some location.....just click on your map icon in the lower right of your screen. Go through that location by clicking the places that glow to indicate this is another room. If you wonder where you are, you can always click the "back" button to go back to the first location of that map area. 

5. Pets.......the best pets for giving gold chests are those relative to Spring: Baby Boy, Baby Girl, Chimney Sweep, Cook, Garden Bunny, Jester Bunny are some of my favorites ...... Clever Monkey is an achievement pet (buy 4 items of furniture in the Christmas rooms --- click on the Gargoyle and buy the books...they cost only 1 shard each) .................The original pets for which you need an egg to craft aren't the most stellar. Most of them require a great deal to feed and give Iron or Silver most of the time.

Hopefully this helps you a bit to be able to get more coins.....get more gold chests from pets (or have more pets to feed during CCs)

Gardenbird

Aug-9

AEGram said:

2. Coins........Everyone in the beginning levels runs low on coins. With many of the event rooms yielding 250 coins when maxed out, you can do the equivalent of 5 rooms with only completing one room. The strategy during events is to stop leveling up.......get around 75 friends (so you'll hopefully have 50 friends showing the current event room)......play every HOS in your friends' rooms a day, or as many as you can. .............You will find that at the end of the event, you will have a healthy coin inventory as well as lots of stamps of all varieties, pet food, and airship items. You'll also have an abundance of event items that you can either convert to shards to decorate your private room or play with Trina....or you can sell them for a few more coins.

Sorry,  but I don't really understand what you are saying.   There hasn't been an event since I have been playing.   I think you are saying that there are  HOS in special rooms?  so in Autumn if there is an Autumn event, then everyone will open an Autumn room, in which there will be HOS and that I can play these in all my friends Autumn rooms?

or have I got this totally wrong?    -   I have 25 friends at the moment,  so a few to go.

Gardenbird

Level 13, I believe, you open Trina in the Key Master's Shop and this gives you access to the Private Rooms.  There is the original Room, 4 Spring Rooms (although only 3 have HOSs in them), 2 Christmas Rooms, 2 Halloween Rooms and 1 Anniversary Room.  In April, we had the Spring Event.  The next one will be the Fall/Halloween Event.  Once you have the rooms open (you should read the Game Guide by AEG to get all the info you need about this), you have access to all your friends Event HOSs.  The Event HOSs pay 250 coins per play (once a day), rather than the 50 coins of a regular HOS.  So, for example, the 1st Halloween Room has 3 HOSs that each yield 250 coins, for a total of 750 coins per play.  So if you have 50 friends, and all 50 display Halloween Room #1, you would earn over 37,000 coins every day.  An Event usually lasts about 40 days, give or take, so you could earn over 1 million coins easily.

I think my math is right, but the point is it's advantageous to play the Holiday Events as much as possible because they provide the best opportunity to amass a lot of coins.