Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What's With the Hat?   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Jul-27 by mmpendo; 514 views.
mmpendo

Jul-27

I just earned the second Avatar in this CC.

Now I'm not a big fan of hats in general (I rock a ball cap), but I do think Elizabeth II sets the standard in pulling off the hat thing.

BUT

What does this guy have on his head??

Am I missing something? (wouldn't be the first time)

LOL, I thought the same thing.  Looks like some Jim Carrey special effects movie.  Or even Alec Baldwin in Beetlejuice when he was trying to scare the owners of the house.  But on the Scythe Wielder, it actually looks like a bird's head.  Maybe a raven?

mmpendo

Jul-27

whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54) said:

But on the Scythe Wielder, it actually looks like a bird's head. 

Good guess, but I have learned (thanks to Cookie) that it's a sheaf (of oats, wheat etc. ) that long ago was cut by a scythe, then tied in a bundle.

Wow, that's one very weird looking wheat bundle.  It's black and looks like feathers and a beak to me.  Must be one of those pics where everyone sees something different.  I thought maybe his description would give a clue, but it doesn't.  But it would make sense that the hat would be made out of something one could scythe (did I use that right?)  LOL

Honeyphan

Jul-27

Interesting! :)

When I first saw it, it reminded me something of a plague doctor item of head wear (though that is more of a mask). lol

Not the most attractive hat or avatar - but definitely a boost to get the avatar achievement! :)

I definitely like the third offering given - the man in the black mask. Very Phantom-like. ;-)

Nice...

LvlSlgr

Jul-27

whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54) said:

It's black and looks like feathers and a beak to me.

That's what it looks like to me too. Also, did you notice on his one shoulder (left as you're looking at him) he appears to have the shell of a turtle and on the right one an eagle's head?

Honeyphan

Jul-27

Maybe it's a sheaf of wheat, etc, formed to resemble a bird's head, like a crow or raven. I, too, see the beak, head and eye socket, and it would make sense since he is a warrior...

Wow, LvlSlgr, you're good!  I never noticed that before but just took a better look and, sure enough, there is a turtle shell and eagle head on his shoulders.  Very interesting.

I looked up pics of wheat sheaves and I suppose that could be made to form the "hat", but I still think it looks more like feathers than grass.  I also looked up "scythe wielders" and one crossword answer was "reapers."  Maybe this could be the "grim reaper?"