Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

XTRA-PC.io   Technical Issues

Started Aug-12 by Katijay (Katijay46); 282 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Aug-12

I received a post promoting this product and says it can spend up older computers...it is some kind of USB program that you plug into your lap top...has anyone else heard anything about this...it sells for $34.99... 

LvlSlgr

Aug-12

I'm sure there are many others in this forum who can answer your question better than I can, but I found one review which states -

Is Xtra PC a Scam?

No, Xtra-PC is not a scam, but I don't like the misleading way it's being promoted as a fix for slow or old computers. The version of Linux being used by Xtra-PC is lightweight and will run faster on your old PCs for persons who just need to browse the internet and do other simple tasks. But, Xtra-PC may not work or work correctly with your printers and other devices connected to your PC. And, you will not be able to use Microsoft Office, play PC games and use other software that are not available for the lightweight version of the Linux distro being used by Xtra-PC.

Also, if you are a little tech savvy or know someone who is, you can or ask that person to create your own bootable Linux Distro flash drive like Xtra-PC. All you need to do it just buy a USB and install any free lightweight Linux Distribution OS using a bootable program.

Katijay (Katijay46)

Aug-12

Thank you...I am in the market for a new PC, just thought it was interesting...

LvlSlgr

Aug-12

Yes, I'm in the same boat - in the market for a new laptop. Mine is 9 years old and had been very reliable. But lately it's been doing some strange things and I just think I need to look at replacing it before it's too late.

• Edited August 12, 2020 11:28 pm  by  LvlSlgr
Katijay (Katijay46)

Aug-13

Same here, my 2020 is it stopped connecting with the Internet so had to buy a dongle, and my computer will drop the dongle and sometimes have to reboot to get connection back... I usually get blue screens daily, usually if playing FB games, but tonight it went blue after an HOS, so far it reloads, but that does get annoying... 

LvlSlgr

Aug-13

Thank goodness mine's not as bad as yours. But I know it's time to start looking for a new one. I just hate to put out the money for one.

Katijay (Katijay46)

Aug-13

Same here, I started doing some research, but you start reading reviews, it seems there are none that get a clean bill of satisfaction...I currently have a 17" dell, but this is the first computer I've had that the wifi stopped connecting.  I like having a backlit keyboard and really like that feature.