Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 234027 views.
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Dec-9

I loved Beyond. I'm really looking forward to the new book next year and continuing to read about the founding of Valdemar. I have Boundaries already, but I am waiting until I've finished all the main books before reading the anthologies. I'm currently up to The Hills Have Spies, so a long way to go yet.

I don't know Rita Mae Brown, but they sound interesting. May have to check them out. If you like animals solving mysteries, have you read Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann? It's about a flock of sheep who set out to solve the mystery of who murdered their shepherd. I highly recommend it. So much fun.

LvlSlgr

Dec-17

The last time I posted about the books I was reading was Nov. 18th. At that time, I said I wasn't ready to tackle the second part of the "Theodore Rex" book I had started earlier. So I read one more novel and then I tackled the Teddy Roosevelt's second term as President and finished that. Since then I've read 3 more novels which put me at 48 books for this year and I met my "Good Reads" challenge. Now, that I've done that I can read something longer ... like "The Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy which is 665 pages. I'm fairly certain I read that book when it was first published (1986) but that's 35 years ago. I remember the general gist of the story but not a lot of the details. So I'm really enjoying it almost like it was a new book to me. The movie with Barbra Streisand and Nick Nolte??? I don't recall that I saw the movie even though it was a huge hit.

Happy reading everyone!

In reply toRe: msg 622
PenWeb

Dec-17

Just finished re-reading Richard Powell's "Pioneer,  Go Home!". Laughed my silly head off!  Written in 1959, but applicable today. One of the Oldies but Goodies.

I have thousands of books, mostly paperbacks, because I believe if they were good enough to read the first time, they are worth keeping to re-read. Some of the books are 40, even 50, years old. Even kept some from college Lit classes.

Penny B.

katiek2

Dec-18

PenWeb said:

I believe if they were good enough to read the first time, they are worth keeping to re-read.

Hi Penny, I don't normally post in this thread, because I stopped reading books regularly several years ago.  However, your comment struck me, as I have every book I've ever bought, as well as a set of classics nearly 100 years old that my parents were given when they married and they in turn gifted to me when I married.  I see authors mentioned here that I love, and thought I had everything they had published, but OH I was so wrong.  Now I'm going to have to get myself back to the bookstore.  I don't like buying books online.  I tried kindles, and enjoyed the convenience of not packing a bunch of books for travel, but other than that, I want the book in my hands.

Between my husband (who is still an avid reader of non-fiction), and I, there are bookcases all over the house, crammed with popular fiction, old text books, cook books, music books, crochet patterns/books, you name it, we probably have it, as I know you do.  Anyway, enjoy your books, don't give them away unless it's as a gift to someone you love/admire.  Don't laugh - one of the reasons we're not moving from this house into a smaller, more manageable one, is we don't want to get rid of our books!  

Di (amina046)

Dec-18

Di (amina046)

Dec-19

Hi there,

have you ever read Amy Tan? The Joyluck Club or The wife of the kitchen God? I loved them both.

LvlSlgr

Dec-19

I read "The Joy Luck Club" back years ago. That's the only book by her that I've read.

Di (amina046)

Dec-20

The Kitchen god's wife is very good, it is her 2nd

LvlSlgr

Dec-20

Thanks, Di. I'll add it to my list.

AnePl

Jan-17

I'm currently finishing reading the Hilarious World of Depression by John Moe. I'd recommend this book to everyone. I came across with it on https://letsgradeit.com/review-category/homework-help/. And I'm happy I bought it. It reveals the empathy and at the same time it has its moments of humor.

• Edited January 24, 2022 3:43 am  by  AnePl