Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Technical Issues FAQ Links   Technical Issues

Started 9/2/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 4169 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
Hirento

Jan-9

Hello jbbp  relaxed

I hope you have resolved your issue, but in case you didn't: I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem.

Are you unable to start MC because there is no icon on your desktop?

From your friend code I see you play on PC, so you have the Game Manager. Can you start the game from there? Or do you not have the "play" button next to the game in the "My Games" section?

Msg 3654.9 deleted
Gertie (Gertie0513)

Jan-27

Hi

Is there a link  for how to transfer MC from a PC to a Laptop? if so, how do I get to the link?

Thanks

Gertie0513

Marcia68

Mar-2

hey Hirento, I do have game icon on my desktop and when i click on it takes me to the game manager for big fish where all my games are showing what games i have.There i can see if i got updates and downloads and this is where i am usually able to download a update. But is not showing a update , even when i go to options and see if its automatic and manually. It says no update available.

Hirento

Mar-3

Hi again Marcia,

as I said in the other thread, I have a friend who had the same problem: often she could not get updates no matter what she did. She discovered that she had more than one User Account on her computer, and only the original User had Admin privileges with permission to download stuff. (She had several User Accounts because she had more than one game, under different names).

She logged in to her computer with the first user account and started the Game Manager. Then it showed an update available.

She also set the Game Manager to start in Admin mode, by right-clicking the icon and choosing "Start as Administrator".

After the download was finished and the game had been updated she logged out of that user account and started her preferred one, that had her favorite game.

Marcia68

1:44 PM

Hi Hirento  !! I do believe i am using the correct account, i say this because in July i lost my game and it got restored in August. I have never had a problem with getting updates either threw my game manager and also i could be playing my game and it would interupt my game and say something like please wait and show where it was downloading a new update. Now i just don't know . Also i have read somewhere that  other people have said that BF is aware of this issue??? I'm thinking of contacting Elephant Games to see what they might suggest. I do have my game running under administrative action, but i am not having any other trouble with any of my games that have been downloaded from a previous account which i will check out if i can ,the issue with that is i couldn't remember my password. Everything i have right now is under a new account and password and friends code. Hopefully i can find out what the problem is. Thank you for your imput Hirento you have always helped me in anyway you can and i don't feel like i'm in the dark by myself . So thank you !!

Marcia68

1:47 PM

When i use to get an update the saying would say "something is afoot .

Just remembered . LOL