Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

IOS 14 and MC   Technical Issues

Started Sep-16 by Myelle (Myelle01); 8565 views.
Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-16

Hi

I already emailed Elephant Games and now I am warning you.

Do Not Update. 14 breaks MC.

I wish I had known!

Myelle.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-17

I got that too! I thought my iPad broke!

It's fine on my phone though.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-17

It is that way on both the phone and the iPad.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-17

Good news! The update fixed the problem on both devices!

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-17

Not mine. Now it won't even open.

This sucks

Myelle (Myelle01)

Sep-17

Sorry to read that.

What version of IPad are you on?

Mine is an Air 2.

Try uninstall and reinstall.

attie1234

Sep-17

Hi!  Me too!  Mine won’t open at all and have sent an email to Big Fish. I hope they are able to fix it.  cry Attie

AEGram

Sep-17

Updating iOS devices to the iOS 14 operating system, indeed will change the appearance of MC....things look really funky. But I won't go into what briefly I noticed.

Before updating the operating system, I closed all applications and did an iPad backup.

Then I updated the operating system.....opening MC afterwards made things look very much NOT to my liking.

I closed MC and looked in App Store to see if there was an update for MC....there was, and I installed it. Opening MC after the update restored the appearance of MC to normal.

My guess is that the devs weren't really planning to release an update, but they noticed that iOS 14 messed up with the appearance of the game. As a result, they fixed the appearance that iOS 14 messed up and just released a new chunk for us to play with.

.................For those who had problems with the game updating after iOS 14 was released.....did you remember to close the app before going to App Store to look for and install the MC update?

attie1234

Sep-17

Thank you!  I haven't updated to IOS 14 but did do the MC update.  When I go to open and play it, it doesn't do anything.....takes me right back to my iPad screen. I wonder if I need to do the IOS 14 update. I have emailed and got the auto response and now a "ticket number". I hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks again!  bird Attie

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-17

My iPad updated ios last night. (new, so didn't change to manual update) Didn't even know it was coming.

After I saw Myelle's post about the update made the funky graphics better, I went and looked for the MC update. Got that, I THINK. Since then I haven't been able to get back in. Couple times I get the the BF page, and can see that it's not weird. It did start the update once, but closed right away. So no. Can't get in with or without any update.

I have plenty of space available. It's iPad 7th gen, with mega space.

Attie, I'm experiencing the same thing. Right back to iPad screen.

I sent in a ticket for the funky color problem, but now have to do another one for this if it doesn't correct soon.