Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 152 - At the Movies   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2331144 views.
LvlSlgr

Sep-22

Ah yes ... the thing most of us use to play this game!

I love the second cartoon. You should hear my children trying to explain to my grandkids how it used to be. But my kids were lucky because we had a set of World Book Encyclopedia and I kept it up to date each year.

... and no, I'm not posting anything for the game here. LOL

PTG (anotherPTG)

Sep-22

I concur! This resource is fantastic!

I was raised to use the reference section of our Public Library in the days of the 12 (?) volumes of  Encyclopedia Britannica with their salesmen knocking on our door in vain!

Back to the game:

Xanthophylls are yellow pigments that occur widely in nature and form one of two major divisions of the carotenoid group; the other division is formed by the carotenes. The name is from Greek xanthos and phyllon, due to their formation of the yellow band seen in early chromatography of leaf pigments.

Plant pigments – the xanthophylls – Woodlands.co.uk

LvlSlgr

Sep-22

Yoga - is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India. Yoga is one of the six Astika (orthodox) schools of Hindu philosophical traditions. There is a broad variety of yoga schools, practices, and goals in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Yoga gurus from India introduced yoga to the West, following the success of Swami Vivekananda in the late 19th and early 20th century with his adaptation of yoga tradition, excluding asanas. Outside India, it has developed into a posture-based physical fitness, stress-relief and relaxation technique. The term "Yoga" in the Western world often denotes a modern form of hatha yoga and yoga as exercise, consisting largely of the postures or asanas.

Just put a mask on these two and this would be oh so 2020 ... LOL

• Edited September 22, 2020 1:37 pm  by  LvlSlgr
PTG (anotherPTG)

Sep-22

The word zoomorphism derives from the Greek ζωον, meaning "animal", and μορφη, meaning "shape" or "form". In the context of art, zoomorphism could describe art that imagines humans as non-human animals.

The Zoomorphs of Quirigua | Uncovered History

Zoomorph B – photo by Maudslay. It was dedicated in 780 by K'ak' Tiliw Chan  Yopaat,

LvlSlgr

Sep-22

Hey there, PTG!  That was the last round for that topic. You get to choose the next topic. Do you have anything interesting??

PTG (anotherPTG)

Sep-22

Interesting! Me!???????? Once more cajoled into suggesting  topic!

Let us try Architecture  and see what happens!

A-Frame is an open-source web framework for building virtual reality experiences. It is maintained by developers from Supermedium and Google. A-Frame is an entity component system framework for Three.js where developers can create 3D and WebVR scenes using HTML

Inverness A-Frame Cabin by Blythe Design Co | A frame house, House in the  woods, House

LvlSlgr

Sep-22

Okay ... I'm certainly going to learn something new with this topic. Here goes ...

Byzantine architecture - is the architecture of the Byzantine Empire, or Eastern Roman Empire. The Byzantine era is usually dated from 330 AD, when Constantine the Great moved the Roman capital to Byzantium, which became Constantinople, until the fall of the Byzantine Empire in 1453. However, there was initially no hard line between the Byzantine and Roman empires, and early Byzantine architecture is stylistically and structurally indistinguishable from earlier Roman architecture. Its architecture dramatically influenced the later medieval architecture throughout Europe and the Near East, and became the primary progenitor of the Renaissance and Ottoman architectural traditions that followed its collapse.

LvlSlgr

Sep-22

Dormer - is a roofed structure, often containing a window, that projects vertically beyond the plane of a pitched roof. A dormer window (also called dormer) is a form of roof window. Dormers are commonly used to increase the usable space in a loft and to create window openings in a roof plane. A dormer is often one of the primary elements of a loft conversion. As a prominent element of many buildings, different types of dormer have evolved to complement different styles of architecture. When the structure appears on the spires of churches and cathedrals, it is usually referred to as a lucarne.

Expressionist Achitecture (was an architectural movement in Europe during the first decades of the 20th century in parallel with the expressionist visual and performing arts that especially developed and dominated in Germany. Brick Expressionism is a special variant of this movement in western and northern Germany and in The Netherlands (Amsterdam School). Expressionist architecture is one of the three dominant styles of Modern architecture: International Style, Expressionist, and Constructivist architecture)