Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Brightness issues on iPad    Technical Issues

Started Sep-20 by Gamegirl57; 425 views.
Gamegirl57

Sep-20

Hello fellow castle friends, I wanted to share some information about the brightness issues I have had on my iPad. My eyesight has been getting worse the older I get! My iPad brightness was set to the max but I still had many problems seeing the HOS, flowers and dark castle objects. I did some searching and found a setting I was unaware of (I am not the most “tech savvy person”). In settings go to “accessibility”, set your “Reduce White Point” (mine is at 40%) lower. I was flabbergasted at the difference! It was like a new pair of glasses!! I can see everything so much clearer! I am enjoying my game so much more now. HOS’s like the “Skull Mall”, Magic Circle” that are very dark,  just popped! Hope this will help some of you with vision issues I’m storming the castle with renewed vigor!! Miss D grinning

AEGram

Sep-20

Just a modification to the steps above, because I had difficulty finding the "reduce white point" setting:

Go to accessibility

Choose display & Text Size

Reduce White Point will be toward the bottom of the screen, just above the Auto-Brightness setting

In reply toRe: msg 2
Gamegirl57

Sep-20

AEGram, thank you, I did forget to include this step.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-20

I wonder if this works on iPhone too? I have stayed away from many HOS because they are too hard to see (dark) I'll have to this.

Question though, does it affect everything on your iPad? Or just the game?

Gamegirl57

Sep-20

It has “brightened” all dark areas and applications, they say some people are effected with eye strain, but I am just happy to be able to see things that I could not see before. I suppose if it does bother you could go back into settings and adjust it. I have had so much frustration trying to see details  within my game I am glad to have the change!

AEGram

Sep-21

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd) said:

Question though, does it affect everything on your iPad? Or just the game?

I play a couple of other games on iPad. When they load, they appear to be brighter, but not in a negative way. Again....try it to see how it affects MC and other things. I guess you could actually just make the modification prior to opening MC, and then change it back if you don't like what it does to other stuff. 

It's a little more "maintenance" but if it helps you get into some HOSs that you've been avoiding, and thereby missing out on some items, it would be worth it to me.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Gamegirl57

Sep-21

Agreed AEGram, I have had so much trouble “seeing” dark areas in MC, it is worth the change! This is still my favorite game, being able to play with “visual ease” makes the game fun again! I don’t have a problem with the brightness and clarity in other applications, if you do, just adjust accordingly,  like AEGram suggests. Having fun is what it’s all about