Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Craft 15 Items   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Sep-27 by Katijay (Katijay46); 1089 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Sep-27

There is no time limit...the easiest thing to craft for most will be the simple food and it might even work in with a DQ and or a Professor Pinfeather task...

CzoeMC

Sep-27

I have the new Challenge on PC, but none of the floating pumpkins, decorations, ghosts or HOSs opened in the Halloween rooms. Is it just me, or do others have this problem?

In reply toRe: msg 2
P1tbull

Sep-27

By the looks of things its just a castle challenge. This is a bit of a curve ball considering it won't finish till just a few days before Halloween. Maybe there won't be a Fall event this year? :(

KatieAn56

Sep-27

I do not have the new CC on my ipad. :(  I haven't done the update because of the problems others using Ipads are saying they have had when doing new update.  Not sure if I should try the update or not.  

P1tbull

Sep-27

Here is a screenshot of what the avatars look like for those who haven't updated yet due to issues.

• Edited September 27, 2020 8:56 pm  by  P1tbull
LvlSlgr

Sep-27

Back in 2018 they had a Castle Challenge which started on Sept. 21. Then another one started on Oct. 29 for the Fall Event. I got this information from the "List of Castle Challenges" discussion in the Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice folder.

So I'm guessing that's what they're doing again. Normally, the Fall Event starts until around the last week of Oct. the best that I can recall. I know AEGram has posted somewhere the dates all of the seasonal events have started, but I couldn't find that.

In reply toRe: msg 6

Well, if that is right (and I'll bet it is) then that means we get TWO of these mailed in, unimaginative, repetitious, same old same old CCs. Eight airships (more if you get them in required DQs (5 of those), feed pets, load ZZs, ad nauseum, and they threw in a morphing object "task" on the next to last day (pleas to not include eye tests as a "task" falling on deaf ears, again).

And we get 3 "mages" as avatars that are so similar looking to others it's laughable.

I realize that for newer players that the CCs might still have a bit of shine, but for those who have done these things for years the lack of anything new at all just creates boredom. And I realize that some may want to rush to tell me how much fun they are (I even saw one person say they were "soothing" LOL----can you imagine?). No need ---- I'm glad some enjoy them. I'm just saying that stale stuff like this leads to a lack of interest in the game overall, and that is not good. Here they are with no correction to the blue key character quest problem, no event, and just a rehash of all that has happened repeatedly. Time to give this outstanding game the careful attention it deserves and stop mailing in the SAME OLD THINGS.

Who is coming up with these unoriginal CCs, EG? New employees? Part timers? Delivery people?

CzoeMC

Sep-27

I do remember an event that started right at the end of a challenge some years ago. (Not that one, in 2018).

Recall it because one of the last challenge tasks was to complete several daily quests, and they had all switched over to the seasonal quests.  No inventory, because it was my first Event of that particular season. All my daily tasks were to either collect flying entities, or have inventory, so I spent all night completing.

Will see tomorrow if this is a glitch to be fixed (along with blue key quests), or a lead-up to the Fall Event. If it is a lead-up, probably won't do this CC, don't want to waste airship, ZZ inventory, or pet medallions.

In reply toRe: msg 8
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-28

I remember this as well, and for exactly the same reason. Doing parts of a daily quest would have been so much easier than doing full event quests, and I struggled with it, which is why I remember it so clearly.

I'm ready for a new challange, and I'm liking the new avatars. I want them all.

Oodie (Oodeveer)

Sep-28

I’m so embarrassed but I think I’m suffering from the beginning of Alzheimer’s so I’m not sure how to proceed. Could someone please explain how you would work this task?