Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Midnight Castle reset to level 1   Technical Issues

Started Oct-23 by Laurelind; 1307 views.
Laurelind

Oct-23

I know so many people have gone through this - and yesterday when I exited the game, I got a message about a bad save.  Then when I went to logon again, it brought me to the level 1 welcome screen.  I saved my data just a few days ago - but I don't know if that will help me as obviously the error is on Big Fish's side.

I will open a ticket with Big Fish, but I guess I won't be completing the castle challenge.  Sigh.

Is there anything else that I can do?  I may shoot Dhyani a message - I know she is the guru for this stuff.

This is my favorite time waster when I'm feeling miserable after chemo - pretty irritated that it happened right now. unamused

Hope everyone is staying safe out there, take care of yourselves.

Laurelind (Stephanie)

Now I know who's missing from my game, so sorry this happened.  If you have a back up of your game it wouldn't hurt to send Dhyani a PM to ask for her help, better than waiting on Big Fish. Good luck!

Laurelind

Oct-23

Hi Tammy,

Yes, I put a message in PC friends letting people know that I had probably disappeared from their Friends list.  I did shoot Dhyani a message - she is really great about helping people in this forum.  Oh well.  Hope to see you around the castle again.

Dot (aussieDot1)

Oct-23

So sorry to hear this news Laurel.  disappointed

You were on my list to gift this morning but I could not find your game.  I blamed my game as this sometimes happens and I have to exit the game and reload it before a player appears.  I do hope all goes well and that you do get your game back as soon as possible. 

Take care and stay safe.

Dot sunglasses earth_asia

oiuoiu321

Oct-24

Thanks for letting us know, Laurelind.

I suggest e-mailing Elephant Games at support@elephant-games.com. They seem to get to things WAY before BigFish.  Hope to see you back soon!

Laurelind

Oct-24

Yeah, Dhyani and I tried a bunch of things unsuccessfully, but it definitely looks like an issue on the server side.  She's definitely a forum angel, she spent quite a bit of time with me and it was so helpful.  I did message Elephant Games support on Friday afternoon.  I'm not really expecting anything on the weekend, and I know the CC is out, but hope to have a shot at getting my game back for Halloween.  I don't know if I'm up for starting again, but we'll see.

LvlSlgr

Oct-24

I had a similar problem back in the spring. BFG was able to put me back to the level I was at previously and give me my coins, diamonds, energy, shards, etc. But that's about it. I had to start over again from scratch with inventory, achievements, puzzles, etc. Like you, I had a backup and Dhyani tried helping me but we couldn't get it to work. This was the second time something like this has happened to me. I'm certain if it happens again I'll just give up playing the game completely.

Good luck!

LadyDiFL

Oct-24

So sorry that you are going through all this 'crap'.  You really don't need aggravation with the Castle on top of everything else.  I just went through this in the Spring with my Rory game, so I have the real skinny on this.  Do as someone suggested and contact Elephant Games.  They are the ones who really help.  If it is possible that you know what kind of inventory, avatars, diamonds, keys,...everything including the energy amulets and if you include this in a looooong e-mail to them, they will restore almost everything you document.  I even included the achievements and they were restored.  I know this is a hassle and you may  not feel up to it, but take your time making up a list now, before they ask and you won't be sorry.  The back-ups that we faithfully make are worth nothing unless the fault is with our computer.  If the fault is with the server, the back-ups are worthless.  None the less, I still back-up.  By the way, my Rory game was out for the entire Spring Event...but there's always next year.  Best of luck, Stephanie.

Laurelind

Oct-24

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't take a snapshot of my inventory.  Do you lose all your avatars as well?  I had been doing a bunch of crafting, and I know I had a ton of eggs, all the pets, and finally had given myself loads of inventory - but I don't really know exactly what I had.  It just sounds exhausting (though, to be fair, everything seems exhausting right now).  We'll see when I hear back from Elephant Games.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

LvlSlgr

Oct-24

I had an old list of my crafted items and eggs (which were worth quite a bit) and they didn't give me back any of that. But they did give me back all of my pets ... and they gave me back ALL OF MY AVATARS!!! Even the ones they hadn't restored the year before when I had a problem. If it hadn't been for that I definitely would have given up playing the game altogether. That made a huge difference to me because I had completed all of the CCs and had lost all of those avatars from those when I had the earlier problem. Honestly, I think what they restore depends on the person you're working with.