Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thankful...   Messages from the Heart

Started Nov-25 by Honeyphan; 503 views.
Msg 3950.1 deleted

I'm doing some research on the old BF Forum and came across this old post of mine:

"[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 21, 14 10:16 AM

gadget23mom, I wholeheartedly agree. Not too long ago I was a very frustrated player, whining about the length of time a quest took and how many of the same objects it took to craft items. But another player informed me this game was a marathon and not a race, and I'd be much better off approaching it that way. I think we're all so used to sprinting through other HO games, finding items, using items and moving on to the next chapter. Sometimes finishing a game in one day. But then what? It's over...the joy and exhilaration of achieving the next level is gone and we have to move on to the next game. The goal is always the end of the game.

This game gets tough, no doubt, but it lasts and lasts. And who knows...maybe this game doesn't have to reach an end. Instead of rushing to finish, why not enjoy what we have? Wouldn't it be great to play this game a little, accomplish one or two quests, fulfill the achievements and accumulate items, coins and diamonds. Enjoy the graphics and all the idiosyncrasies of the game, which I agree are awesome. If this game were to have an end, I would sure miss it and all of you.

Just my thoughts."

Keep in mind this was in March of 2014 just after the Level 18 lockout and the latest update opened the Underground Grotto and Mirror Lake.  We had a stunning 20 HOSs opened at the time and 10 pets.  We couldn't imagine where the 4,000 coins would come from to open the Cauldron or the 6,000 needed to unlock Mirror Lake.  We were begging, borrowing and stealing pet eggs and pet food to "feed our starving pets."  And wondered, sometimes quite boisterously, how this game could possibly endure.  Even back then, we were predicting its demise any day.

I laughed to myself while reading the threads from the old days, knowing we never ever gave a moment's thought to Level 100+ or 30 million in coins.  My, how far we've come.

In light of the heaviness of this year and any personal sorrows we may have endured, I am very thankful for MC.  It kept me connected to the real world when it would have been so much easier to just fade away.  Reading my old post and knowing where we were all at in the game at that time, gave me an appreciation for time.  Both in the game, and in real life.

Wounds heal, they don't go away but become bearable, and hope really does spring eternal.  Friends here may be on-line friends, but we've been together for almost 7 years.  Some stopped playing and we lost some to Heaven above, but the bulk of us are still here, joined by an ever-increasing group of newbies excited and eager to begin their memories in MC.

I want to thank all of you for your time, patience, wisdom, knowledge and never-wavering support through all the years.  It has truly been a pleasure to be a part of this truly remarkable experience and something I will never forget.

God Bless and have a very safe and peaceful Thanksgiving.

Libby

katiek2

Nov-26

Libby, that was a truly remarkable post.  It surely gives us all something to think about when we start feeling sorry for ourselves.  Thank you.

Katiek (Kathy)

Libby, Those were sure the days.  We have been game friends almost since day 1.  Who would have thought that a "game" would bring such joy, angst, sadness and pleasure to a lot of people. Sometimes I feel nostalgic for the way we had to work to get a level.  I remember setting myself a goal to make double the amount of coins needed to craft an item before I crafted it.  We were always short of coin then.  Now we can make it on the puzzles and through the events.  Those additions have made the came easier in some ways, but harder in the fact that we are no longer guaranteed an inventory item for every HOS.

We may never meet in person, but I am blessed to have actually met some of my game friends and had such enjoyable times with them. Considering that we live on opposite sides of the world makes it even more remarkable.  As long as I remember that 6:00 pm my time is 02:00 am in parts of the US, I can pick up the phone and talk to them.  My midday is around 09:00 pm on the West Coast of the States.  

We have lost friends along the way and remember them each time we see their now unplayable games in our friends list.  Some we know what happened too, others just disappeared of the face of the earth.  

Many players were/are shut ins and often the forum was the only place they had contact with other people outside family.  We have laughed, cried, been angry and upset over many things, but we keep coming back.  Hard to believe I am coming up for 7 years playing on New Year's Day.  I sometimes take long breaks, but I keep coming back.  Long may the game last.  

Di (amina046)

Nov-27

You are a joy to read! Thank you!