Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Catch 17 red ghosts...   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Dec-5 by Katijay (Katijay46); 1862 views.

All I can say is good luck to all this is a lot for some at the end of the CC...hope those directing this CC are kind although makes me worried when I hear some took days on the last ghost search...Good Luck to all and a reminder if you want to change your last avatar you can, must make that selection before you start the last CC...

SharpEye1

Dec-5

Wow!  Who knew?!  I got it done by using the ghost cooldown amulet.  What I didn't know until I tried it was I didn't have enough energy balls left to activate the amulet.  I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if there was a way to buy the energy balls I was short? Well, I clicked on activate the amulet, even though I didn't have enough of the energy balls and, lo and behold, a pop up asked if I wanted to buy them all and indicated how many diamonds it would cost me.  I immediately clicked yes!  heart_eyes  

Was anyone else aware of this?  I don't remember it being mentioned before.  

Honeyphan

Dec-5

Well, I have no amulet - but I got it done quickly - so I'm a happy camper. :)

A tip for anyone that might help - I have found that there is no more than 2 of the same ghost at a location during a round - so if, say, you find 2 red ghosts at the castle and still have more rooms there to go, if you have another location open (like the town or cloud city or wherever), quit the castle and go there instead, because chances are the other castle rooms won't have a third red ghost available. Once you've gone through your map, rinse and repeat. :)

Using this method, I got through this CC in 80 minutes. :D 

• Edited December 5, 2020 9:26 pm  by  Honeyphan
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Dec-5

Someone forgot to activate the red ghosts on my games.. :/

OMG this was brutal....BRUTAL!  Took five rounds.  I almost, almost gave up.  Don't have the amulets because I didn't buy them when they were offered, having no idea they'd never be offered again.  Don't understand why the devs wouldn't have activated that sale this Halloween, but that's another story.

Caught every pumpkin and won a grand total of 3 diamonds.  

Honeyphan, I wish I had read your hint before I started the red ghosts.  May have saved me a whole lot of aggravation.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Dec-5

Not sure that is true. I got 3 red ghosts one after the other in the Castle area today.

katiek2

Dec-6

1st round:  4 red ghosts

2nd round:  0, ZIP , NADA.  I'll try again.  If 0 again, it's bye-bye CC

Myrtle  2 full rounds to end of content, then got the final ghost on round 3 in the Palace Balcony.   Total 7, 5, 7.  Some areas had none at all others 2 or 3.  Still have to do Catti. So far 2 rounds for 9 ghosts.

Honeyphan

Dec-6

Hmmm... guess it was just my game that did the 2 similar ghosts at one locale thing. :) I know from other CCs I've played of catching the ghost (and doing the entire area after the 2nd one caught) that is usually the case for me. Never was a third, which is why I adapted the ducking out after the second ghost rule. lol

Bagpuss22

Dec-6

I also got 3 in the Castle today, but getting the others was a bit of a slog & took about 2 hours (I didn't time it exactly!) . Wondering why I bothered really! However, I did like the avatar for the first 10 tasks, that's probably why I started. The other 2 aren't very good IMHO, so I've changed number 3.  Maybe just to keep up the MC interest until Christmas event & the next update.