Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

gifts for friends Xmas rooms   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Jan-13 by Roses51; 655 views.
Roses51

Jan-13

How do you earn gifts for friends Xmas rooms?      I understand that you need to give gifts in order to receive Santa's medallions .... but I've run out of gifts!  Any help greatly appreciated.  

The pink gift boxes drop from the HOSs.  The only way to accumulate them is to play, play, play.  For every pink gift box you give a friend in one of the Christmas Rooms, you receive a Santa Medallion.

LvlSlgr

Jan-13

You can also trade with the kids. When you first click on the kids you see the wand, but you can scroll down and choose to trade for the pink gift box instead. It requires 5 Christmas decorations. Good luck!

Honeyphan

Jan-13

I want to add - if you keep 20 in your inventory, they will fall more readily from the HOS. :)

That applies to everything - keep 20 of any item - and it will drop more often.

To achieve this with the boxes in my new games (at level 13 and level 17), I traded with the kids until I hit 20, then I kept playing the HOS, again and again, until I had a good amount to still give and retain my 20 (since the boxes fell faster that way). If you don't have enough private rooms, they fall from the regular HOS too, as do all Christmas items to trade.

With my main game, I had over a thousand when I started from the year's worth of gameplay (more like closer to two thousand) and am now in only the hundreds with what is left, but the boxes fall a lot faster in that game because I still have so many left to give. :)

Roses51

Jan-13

Got it!  Thanks.  I've been playing MC for a few years now but never knew that before.  Thanks for the heads up.  

Roses51

Jan-13

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  Someone on the forum has also shown me another way to get the gift boxes.  Click on the children, us the up/down arrow, and it changes from a wand to a gift box, and you can then exchange items or gift boxes.  How good is that?!  Way easier than having to play, play play!  

The downside is that you still have to play, play, play! to get the Christmas items to trade with the children.   Six of one, Half a Dozen of the other. 5 HOS to get 5 items to trade still makes a lot of playing if you are going for the Mrs. Claus achievement.  1,000 boxes is a lot and newer players will find it difficult to achieve in one event.  I was fortunate to do it in the first event because I had been playing for a couple of years by then and had heaps of boxes. The first room, if I remember correctly, did not have an HOS, just the sack to leave gifts in. I cannot remember how we got the items to trade but I'm sure someone else will remember. I think it was by playing the regular HOS and doing the DQs.

AEGram

Jan-15

Roses51 ..... you can also put Santa's Medallion on your wish list.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Roses51

Jan-15

Thank you, I'll check that out.