Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Now that the Winter Event is over...   Achievements and Musings

Started Jan-30 by Myelle (Myelle01); 1889 views.
Myelle (Myelle01)

Jan-30

I had a thought while playing what I could on my PC before the WE ended. Why not remove the kids and ghosts when the event is over but leave the snow and snowflakes for a longer time since winter itself isn’t over. Has anyone else thought of this?

Honeyphan

Jan-30

As a snow lover - I love this idea! :)

It just seems so bare now...

Had a great first winter event! :D Thank you to all who helped make that possible!

PenWeb

Jan-31

I like the snow scenes as well, reminds me of being young "up North".

However, I find those drifting flakes annoying and interfering while trying to find morphing objects.

I now live in Florida and do not miss that cold white stuff at all.

Penny B.

misstracy22

Feb-1

Hi, 

Lovely idea, only I’m thinking some folks with eye sight problems may find it difficult with so many moving white snowflakes on screen. 
Single moving or wiggling objects isn’t so bad to catch the movement to highlight it. 

Keep the ideas coming, hugs Tracy penguin

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Feb-1

Winter is only 'not over' for those who live in the Northern Hemisphere. For all of us here in the Southern Hemisphere, winter has been over for over 5 months, so snow would not be appropriate.

P1tbull

Feb-3

Totally agree with you there Weesam, I am melting up here in Whangarei LOL. Hope you are doing ok further south relaxed

It feels like it’s over for us in central and southern Arizona too.  If we can even truly say we have a winter.  It is 75 degrees Fahrenheit in my house right now and it is 10:25 pm.  That’s because it was 79 yesterday.  Tuesday it’s supposed to hit 80!  Even though daytime temps can reach 80 right now, the temp will slip back down between 45 and 60 at night.  That’s a huge reminder that I live in a desert!

Ugh.....it is supposed to be winter until March 20th - lol.  When you have temps in June that can reach 122 F, the 55F of December’s seems cold to most.  I find the morphing flakes hard to see against the snowfall, but worth the trouble to have the look of multiple seasons through December.  relaxed?

Just thought I'd share my week ahead........

WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TONOON CST SATURDAY...* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as40 below zero.* WHERE...Portions of north central and northwest Wisconsin andeast central, north central and northeast Minnesota.* WHEN...From midnight tonight to noon CST Saturday.* IMPACTS...The dangerously cold wind chills could causefrostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.Use caution while outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a hat, andgloves.

Msg 4167.9 deleted

Down here in Tasmania, we are supposed to be in the last month of Summer.  The last two days we have had heavy rain and flooding in my town. Thunder loud enough to scare the cat, power went out for half my street at 19:30, came on at 00:15.  Had the computer unplugged most of the day.  Today looks a bit better.

On the mainland in Western Australia there has been major bush fires and loss of homes.  Very varied weather down here.