Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

To friends of Honey and Honey2   Friends

Started Feb-16 by Honeyphan; 1075 views.
Honeyphan

Feb-16

We have been without power for over 36 hours - it just came back on - and I wanted to jot this off really quick since we are in another winter storm warning thru Thursday, and Texas is in a state of emergency, cutting off power for residential and business locations in 15-60 min. intervals for those who had power - and I don't know what to expect, since this time it sounds like it will mainly be ice and not snow like this last time... (and yes, despite it all, I still love the winter wonderland outside my window. Now that we have heat again, I am even considering taking a walk in it before the next winter storm hits. :))

I am really behind in gifting because of no Internet - missed 5 cycles - and if this happens again, I might miss more.

So if you don't "hear" from me (meaning receiving gifts) for a long time - please be patient - I am still here (there), meaning playing - when I am able to get on.  :) And have a lot of catching up to do!

Mods - I forgot to put this in the friends area - sorry! My fingers are still icicles and all I can think of is to get some hot wassail now that the microwave is working again! lol

• Edited February 16, 2021 3:00 pm  by  Honeyphan

Take care and keep warm.  thumbsup

Good luck Honey.  

I just posted that Myrtle, Catti and Silky on my desk top are unplayable at present, so do not send any gifts to them.  That computer has the Black Screen of Nothingness, so the tech will need to sort it, if at all possible.

Honeyphan

Feb-16

Oh no- I hope they get it fixed soon! Will make a note of it...

and thanks guys! :) It's so nice to feel all my digits again. lol

Funny thing - I just took a walk in the snow and 14 degree weather, and I stayed warm bundled up - though was just as bundled (wearing same things save for the snow boots) than when I slept under 4 blankets last night  - and was cold then. Weird...

katiek2

Feb-17

Good luck, Honey.  Sure hope this next storm is easier on you.  We have family in Dallas, and are praying for all of you.

Don't worry about gifting - we'll all be here once you've been able to dig your way out, and the lights  stay on.  Bundle up, be careful about carbon monoxide, and stay safe.  "See" you when it's over.

TinyFaerie
Staff

Feb-17

I have been extremely lucky and have no been hit by the rolling blackouts. Not sure why but I will take it.

Honeyphan

Feb-17

Thank you Katiek! um... Carbon monoxide? (has there been some kind of scare or something?) We had a carbon monoxide indicator, but it started going nuts about half a year ago, (though there was no danger) even though we changed the battery out, so we unhooked it.

Honeyphan

Feb-17

TinyFaerie - you have been blessed all right! Since writing my last post yesterday, the power went out again, this time for a little over an hour - so I think it was one of those planned outages - though you would think they would be selective and not hit the homes that had already been without power for over 24 hours! ugh. I think we might have to throw away all our meat - we should have just buried it in the snow. lol We put all the refrigerated items on the pool table of the game room that stays a chilly 20 degrees above outside temps, but I think our frozen stuff is toast. (too bad, since we just ordered from Wal Mart!)

My sons lost all power in their apt. also, never has come back on - and they're staying with friends who also never got hit. I hate that, during this covid thing - especially since said friend hasn't played it careful since the outbreak started - but what can you do (except pray, which I've been doing a lot of)?

jbbp

Feb-17

I sleep with 2 duvets on my bed and am snug as a bug in a rug sleepingrelieved

katiek2

Feb-18

At least 2 deaths and dozens of cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in Texas were the result of people using unsafe methods such as camping stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, etc to stay warm. CO can build up indoors and poison people and animals who breathe it.  If you're not using alternate forms of heat to keep warm, you're safe.

From The Weather Channel News:  "As millions of Texans prepared to endure another frigid night with no electricity, officials pleaded with residents to refrain from using grills, generators and other items to provide heat indoors.  

At least two people, a child and an adult, have died.

Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said at least 300 calls regarding carbon monoxide poisoning had been received by the fire marshall, hospitals and other agencies. Hidalgo called it a "disaster within a disaster."

Safety rules include never using grills, generators and other items indoors, in garages or in close proximity to buildings.

The Cy-Fair Fire Department in northwest Harris County said many people were using charcoal grills inside their homes for heat. The department took 14 people, including seven children, to hospitals because of carbon monoxide poisoning."