Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friend of Myrtle Catti & Silky   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Feb-16 by Trixie Belle (AnnaDownes01); 433 views.

Just letting everyone know that the Desk Top has decided to have a major "HISSY FIT" and has decided to show, not the Blue Screen of Death, but the Black Screen of Nothingness, so I cannot access those games.

Stupid, stupid me does not have a back up of the games and I don't know if I will ever get the machine up and running again. I certainly cannot afford to buy a new desk top at present, as am having some urgent house repairs done.

My only current game, on the lap top, is Pouncy Cat,

I hang my head in shame for not following Dhyani's instructions.  I did copy them to a spread sheet, but that is as far as I got.

If I ever get Myrtle, Catti & Silky up an running again, I will post here.  Not sure I want to have BF transfer them to this desk top.  Will have to do some serious thinking about that.  There rooms are set to the Spring Room with 3 HOS. If any of Myrtle's friends who are not friends of Pouncy Cat, please pm me if you want to join his game.

SharpEye1

Feb-17

Oh, no!  I'm so sorry this has happened.  I would be happy to have Pouncy Cat added to my menagerie.  I don't have my ID memorized, so I'll PM you with it once I check my game.  heart_eyes

Ada

ETA:  I'll also let Randy know as he is still stuck with computer problems so he still can't access the forum.

• Edited February 17, 2021 11:27 am  by  SharpEye1

Don't you just hate computer problems.  That one has been going bonkers for a while, refusing to complete the updates.  I'm sure the techie groans when he hears my voice.  At least he got the lap top up and going for me.  I hadn't used for so long I couldn't remember the password.  Machine was stuck out in the library, so I could catalogue the books and decide what to keep and what to give to the charity shops.  Got sidetracked with something else and then house repairs so it went to the back of my mind..

SharpEye1

Feb-17

Hmm...you know what?  I'm thinking the next time you can have your techie guy help you, I think he should be able to copy everything from the hard drive on your desk top to your lap top.  I'm not 100% sure about that, but I think it may be doable.  It might be worth asking about it.  heart_eyes

I sure hope so.  I do like the bigger screen on the desk top, rather than the small one on the lap top.  It makes it really hard with the darker scenes as it is hard to find the correct lighting to use it in.

Honeyphan

Feb-18

I'm so sorry that happened to you - yes, if you still need friends for Pouncy Cat, feel free to send me a PM with your info. :)

When that happened to me a few years ago - the black screen of nothingness - we took it to a techie who plugged it in and found nothing wrong - hard drive still there and intact. So we brought it back home, my son took it apart and dusted all the inner workings out with a duster spray called dust off - put it back together - plugged it in, and it has worked fine ever since. (though I think it is due for another dusting out). Since I haven't the ability to take it apart, much less carry it outside to spray it out, I spray a few short spurts every now and then into the fans when my cover looks dusty, first taking off the cover (My son does it with his and has for years, where I got that idea).

While at the store, waiting on the techie, I also invested in a device that looks like a toaster and reads the hard drive which you pop into it using any computer as the source.

Just some hopefully helpful advice you might consider...

• Edited February 18, 2021 1:22 pm  by  Honeyphan

Will PM you Pouncy's id.  

My desk top is an all in one.  Will check at the computer supplies store for the name of a good tech.  I like to go by word of mouth, easy to do in a small town.  

Will be diligent in keeping back ups on flash drives in the future/  Also a hand written copy of email addresses. Managed to find most on the old Vista Compaq but not some of the newer ones.  Maybe I should have used one drive, but since I have no idea where that backs up to other than the computer I didn't bother.