Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started Aug-7 by SedonaSueB; 50107 views.

ART (Antique Road Trip American Dreamin') was discontinued back in 2015/6.  Can't remember exactly when.  Charlieisr will probably know.   Big Fish and the company that produced it parted company and there were no further updates to it.  We continued playing it for quite some time after that as it was still on the Big Fish site, but eventually it became so unstable that it was no longer safe to play.  They had seasonal events as well but they were recycled each year so we always knew what we had to find.  Many people put a lot of work into that game, creating spread sheets with where to find everything.  It had a chat function in it as well that worked well.  

Some of the G5 games also have a chat function while others don't.  

Merry, I find Hidden City the hardest of all the G5 games that I play.  I just go in and gift a few people play a couple of scenes as best as I can, which is not very well.  That is the one game that I actually spent real money on because I really, really wanted one particular Avatar.

I find the other games are easier to play in some respects and have not spent a cent on any of the others.   I just plug along and hope for the best.  I tend not to go to far in the events and just play for fun.   

In Secret Society, the event scenes move to another part of the board and you can keep playing them.  It is best to open the scenes when the event starts because if you don't, when you reach the level that they become available to play they cost heaps to open.  You can gift as many people a day  as you like as long as you have the item in your inventory to gift whether it is on someone's wish list or not.  Some items you cannot gift until you have reached a certain level.  I have found that if you put up a collection item that you need on your wish list, very often someone will gift it to you.  You may also visit other games and charge different scenes, much like many of their other games.

Keep trying them out until you find one you feel comfortable with.

marbur220

Nov-5

Hi, Merry!

I thought I was the only one who has issues with this game.  I love MC and when I saw this recommended, I downloaded it but my fingers are not nimble enough when I try to slide the screen sideways (so I’m always getting dinged for an incorrect choice) and some of the objects are next to impossible to find in the allotted time.  Even with hi speed internet, it takes forever to load.

Is this game only giftable on the same platform like MC?  If not (and I can figure out what I have), I’ll gift my stuff away before I delete the game.  I play on an iPad so iOS.

Have a great weekend!

Honeyphan

Nov-5

Honestly - and I've told this to a few friends - if I wasn't able to click on the Firefox icon to pause the game once the HOS comes up - then hover over it to bring up the box, then hover my mouse over that little box to make the scene large enough to see - I wouldn't be able to do the HOS, with as many objects as there are, some too well blended, and with as little time as they give.

I was about ready to give up and just dabble in the game here and there, as a matter of fact, until I stumbled on that trick, which takes very little time to do.

Now I can win the events and never lose another HOS! :) So cool...

Anyone who does this from a computer and plays from their site can do it. It works with Sherlock too - (I was able to finish the Halloween story and get the pumpkin souvenir too - hurrah! lol)

Not sure if you can do this if you download game, but probably (and you can always take screenshots. It takes a little more time to switch back and forth between windows, but once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty fast too. I actually still do that sometimes for the night HOS, since I can enlarge the pic that way, and it's easier on the eyes to see. lol)...

For any of the curious who want to know how it's done - here it is step by step.

This is for playing directly off their site and with a computer (I use Firefox browser but I would think any would work...):

1) Open your HOS (enter it)

2) Immediately click on the Firefox icon in your toolbar to pause the HOS.

3) Do not click on the Firefox icon again, but move it away then back, to bring up the small window of the scene - it shows how it looked before you hit pause. It is not blurry and it doesn't have any words like "Pause" or "Play" on it - it is the scene as it looks when you play.

4) Bring your mouse to that small box of the scene so that it enlarges and keep your mouse on it. There will be a very small area you can't see, (where the small box is) - but it really isn't a problem and you can always look there right away once you go back to your HOS if you weren't able to spot something (like a token). Study the scene - the words or silhouettes showing will always be current - as will the scene.

5) Click on the Firefox window to start the HOS up again (hit play) - and click on what you found. If you get stumped again, just repeat the above. The scene showing when you hover is what it looks like before you hit pause and is always the most current one - so while game is on pause, you can see what tokens you missed, what the next items are to hunt, etc.

This has helped me so so much. I do it with the new hidden object scenes especially, and then later as I learn them, I try my best on my own, challenging myself, but when I see the timer is getting a bit too low for my liking, (especially as I level up and the HOS gets harder!) - I can always resort to this method.

Maybe it can help some of you too. :)

• Edited November 5, 2021 9:48 pm  by  Honeyphan
jbbp

Nov-6

Thank you for your reply, Big Fish used to put what free games you could play by the side of games before

you started but not anymore I have agency 33 which I also play which is a free game, play that now more than MC

Cyberfox277

Nov-6

Please don't spend RL money on a "free" internet game, so many have ended by now, like ROM sweatconfused  Buy the game instead, and you get to play it over and over again. I've never spent a cent on a "free" internet game, but then again I'm a crystal hoarder smile And I've been trying to find you in HC, is your picture the huntress? 

Cyberfox277

Nov-6

I'm sorry to hear it, but every game sucks in the beginning, you know? We don't have anything confused When a game starts bothering you, or you run out of energy, just leave and play something else wink

Cyberfox277

Nov-6

I'm kind of confused why you'd go to such trouble, but you're the one playing it anyway smiley  Why don't you get Malwarebytes instead? There's a free version wink And you can download that game, I didn't see anything wrong about it by now smiley

Myelle (Myelle01)

Nov-7

Malwarebytes isn’t a game. It is a protection program for your computer so that it won’t become infected.

Cyberfox277

Nov-7

Yes, it is, but apparently some people are afraid to load the game into the computer? wink There's nothing wrong with it? relaxed And no, I don't work for G5 smile