Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 111357 views.
Honeyphan

8/11/21

I really don't know about the data - sorry...

I play directly on their site - since I can't download their games (don't have Windows 10). But they have it that you can download, if you do have it, so you can play offline.

bajon

8/11/21

Do these games have timers and night mode? I like midnight castle because I can turn off night mode.  I have tried several ho games but got rid of them because of the night mode.

Honeyphan

8/11/21

Yes, they do. I'm not crazy about timers either, but I've found a way around them - especially in HOS I don't know yet. I take a screenshot of my screen (in Steam this is easily done by hitting F12) - then immediately pause the HOS, go to my screenshot - memorize where the items are - then go play. :) I sometimes need to hit pause a few times through this, since not all items are listed at once. After I have learned the room,  I don't use it as much, since I have memorized the places where an item may be. I'm not sure yet how to do it in GS5 - F12 doesn't work to take a screenshot, but I know there is a way - I just have to look it up. I haven't reached a level where I need to yet, but will figure it out down the line. lol

I'm pretty sure the match 3 is not in night mode if you choose that...

They also have implements you can get to change the mode, though that's further up in levels.

If you turn up your brightness/contrast when you play night, it helps a lot - I have something on my monitor enabling me to switch to different modes of a lit background - one is called "game mode" - with it, you can see everything on the screen beyond the circle of the flashlight,  it's not all black, it's just dimmer.

You might check to see if your monitor has a function like that - most do, I think.

bajon

8/12/21

Thank you so much. I have been playing Midnight Castle for years. Really is my favorite.

Honeyphan

8/12/21

Oh - I love it too! Elephant games are some of my favorites - love the music they use, the graphics, the cuteness, the beauty, the story, the overall atmosphere - just all of it. :)

I only play during the updates now and the events, but I definitely still play MC!

And I love, love, love that they don't use timers - one of the few (if not the only) ftp game that does that!

• Edited August 12, 2021 8:06 pm  by  Honeyphan
Susanna502MC

8/14/21

I figure the timers are to make people spend real money to keep playing. I have tried a bunch of the FTP games and usually uninstall after a day. I'll keep checking them out in hopes of finding one I like, but for now I am sticking with MC.

SedonaSueB

8/14/21

I got Hidden City and Sherlock. How does one exit the games? I couldn't find an icon.  Thanks much, Sue

Bingo (manybears)

8/15/21

Do a  Ctrl, Alt, Del. The task master will come up with "Game Manager" will be at the top of the box.  Use the end task button at the bottom.  Hope this will get you out of games.

Bingo

SedonaSueB

8/15/21

Can you tell me how to exit these Microsoft games? I could not find an exit icon.  Thanks, Sue