Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started Aug-7 by SedonaSueB; 50034 views.
Cyberfox277

Nov-8

Oh, OK, sorry relaxed I thought you could but didn't want to, actually I was a little puzzled you'd go through all that trouble but... relaxed

Cyberfox277

Nov-8

I think I've found you, level 108? or something? I'm sorry, I don't remember anymore relaxed

And all right, all right, I've surrendered, I'm playing Sherlock for now, at least until level 35 smile I really like the gameplay, but those graphics could be better? confused

What I find annoying about Sherlock is the way the character whizzes in & out of the book.  A real time waster

Honeyphan

Nov-9

I think Sherlock is still pretty new to the gaming world - judging from the amount of books they have there to play, and with the newest update how many books were released - so I would imagine they are still working out kinks and trying to find what fits/what works. I like the cat they recently added that you feed to get an item - so cute. lol

The jump into the books and out of them doesn't bother me so much, since it's quick, but I'm not crazy about the speeding pitter-patter sound they use - very cartoonish- but then, I turn the sound down, not all the way, but to where it's manageable. lol

I love the books and stories they devised and the manner in which the dialogue fits each character - well done there.... and I also like how the music is different and fits for each HOS, and also that you get to choose whether you play a HOS or Match 3, every time. That's a great little bonus...

• Edited November 9, 2021 1:33 am  by  Honeyphan
Cyberfox277

Nov-9

Yes, I love that cat, I love cats so much I have two smile And I love the game idea, but some of those HOS are so blurry... confused Maybe they'll improve it until I get to level 35, but so far I'm not really impressed confused

Well, you got me! ---- what cat??? I have looked everywhere I can think of but I do not see a cat.

Honeyphan

Nov-9

Cyberfox277 - I'm curious about something -

When I detailed how I always beat the HOS in the G5 games, you wondered why I'd go to all that trouble and not just download -

Do you mean that if you download the game, you don't have to deal with the timers?

Because that's all my method does - plays the HOS without the pesky nuisance of timers - and it's as simple as clicking a button (to pause game) and hovering over it with the mouse (to see scene at full view). It is really a godsend when it comes to anomalies - and especially those "spot the difference" scenes since I usually need to pore over those to get them! lol -

I prefer to hunt everything myself - but I don't need or want the timers to interfere. I rarely use a tool unless I just cannot find the item (even after zooming in) because it's so well hidden.

On an added note - in Sherlock, at one point I was having trouble getting the magnifying glass to work when I did need it - every tool was frozen. (I sometimes use the tools in Match 3 if I am getting down to the wire). This method rectifies that problem, and though for the most part they fixed it, sometimes that still happens every now and then - the tools freeze. When it does, it is a simple matter of clicking the Firefox button to pause game, and clicking in again - my tools always work after that and the timer hasn't gone down. :)

Jenny - the cat we're talking about in Sherlock is Faustus - maybe he comes at a certain level of the game?

He is a white cat and sits at the front when he wants to eat, near his bowl - and when he's full, he's lounging on his cat tree, mid screen, beyond the souvenirs. Though sometimes he is by the stairs. But since the game usually has a balloon instruction saying that Faustus is hungry, you really can't miss him.

Again, maybe he appears at a certain level? - If I remember correctly, he damaged a book that they then go into to see if there's problems there (I think it was Beauty and the Beast) - and he stays in game from then on as an added buff to get items. :)

When I had the money to open Beauty and the Beast - I did so right away, ahead of the allotted time, since it is a favorite and I wanted to see what story they were going to make out of it of how Moriarty twisted things there. That might be why I can see the cat and you can't, because I think you are at a higher level than I am... I'm at 35 (I think). lol I have Hidden City open right now so can't check...

• Edited November 9, 2021 1:14 pm  by  Honeyphan

Well that's really weird.  I don't remember a cat either.  Has MC really driven me crazy?  Now I have to go in and see if that darn cat is there.  That will drive me crazy.

In reply toRe: msg 179

Oh, I see, I think.  The animal changes all the time with the events.  I have a bird in a cage now.  I'm guessing it was the cat at one time.

Honeyphan

Nov-9

Okay, can't figure out how to get it to rotate, but if you lean your head to the right (lol) you'll see it beyond Lucy's shoulder.

I have the bird in the cage too - that is a buff as you level up in the event HOS - but Faustus is separate - I said he was white. He's tan when he's by his food bowl, and after he's eaten, he is gray/white when sleeping in his cat tree. :) I'm not sure what color he looks like on the stairs - probably gray.

He's separate of the events, because between them, when Dracula's castle was over and before this new one in China began - he was there, waiting to be fed. lol

I tried to take a screenshot to show you, but it says it's too large and wont' let me post it.... I can try with my phone, but lately photos haven't wanted to transfer to the computer - maybe today it will. :)

• Edited November 9, 2021 3:55 pm  by  Honeyphan