Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 124791 views.
Honeyphan

May-8

I do assemble them - and here's why:

They usually give an eye, or a red cross, or the triangle - and all of those are needed to assemble the big collections in the artifacts area. The current one for Merlin takes 4 eyes, 4 red crosses, and 4 triangles and the event assembler. Also, as the regular story quests progress, they take more and more each time, going from 2 assemblers of each type needed to 14 of each assembler needed. And also needing a gold cup as an assembler (the event assembler takes the place of that in the event artifact collections).

Once a story is done, and the final collection is retrieved, there is usually yet one more collection to get mega coins and energy, and in finishing the collection, you also get a booster item from the one you're doing the quest for, if I remember right...or maybe it was coins and experience... i think you only get the booster item after you finish the diary area of that quest...

At first, before I understood there was a cohesive pattern to the main quest, I randomly went to each HOS, opening them as they became available, and playing from each book every day. I also never assembled the collections that came up with frequency.

Now that I better understand all of it - and am playing in the cohesive pattern - I have mega final collections in the artifacts area that are waiting to be assembled, because I never have enough of the assemblers to do more than one at a time and have to build up again.

Some of the earlier Sherlock's what-have-you final collections for stories -
(Sherlock as the boxer, Sherlock as the Chemist, Toy collection, etc) only offer the gold cup - which I have 61 of right now -  so sometimes I ignore those. But if I have a daily quest to get collections, they are good for that too...).

With that said - unfortunately Sherlock doesn't have the artifact assemblers - red cross, eye, gold cup, and triangle - to gift friends. Nor does Hidden Treasures have their final assemblers for free gifts -

But Hidden City does. They are at the front of the gift list - and you can always tell what current event needs what assemblers by going to the artifacts area, checkmarking "event" - and looking at the top one. If it is checked already, uncheck it and recheck it to refresh so that the right one shows (kinda like MC, with clicking on an object to change in your private room when changing a room). Same kind of idea applies.

Though Ace's Hat, striped ribbon, and the other two shown (can't remember their names offhand) are always needed for upper city quests - I found that out last week! And am running low on all of them now... unfortunately, there is no way to put those assembler items on the gift wish list, though they are shown as being a free gift to give...

Also wanted to add - the thing about not doing the final collections in the artifacts area (called Relics in Hidden Treasures)-

The quests build up until it is a long line to get through, and those assemblers needed for Sherlock are only for those type quests, so if you have them - use them. :)

At least, that's how it has been where I am now at in the main quest - I'm on #11, and there are currently 18 of the main quest, so unless something changes, I recommend doing one at a time and keep building up your assemblers. You don't always know which one you will get, on those that show a ? - so it is sometimes a gamble. But if you see it is one you don't need for the artifacts you have that need opened, then you probably don't have to get the collection...

The collection items are only for getting those assemblers also, so you have nothing to lose - except the quest build-up of what needs finished on the edge of your screen. lol

Because I didn't do each as it was presented - I have a long line of at least 30, likely more to scroll through, though there are side quests there too, since like I said, I didn't know you were supposed to play in a fixed pattern...

Wish G5 would have a set of rules in these free games! ha!

Thanks, that info is very helpful! grinning

Honeyphan

May-9

Glad to hear it! : )

Another thing that is helpful with doing those collections - you rarely, if ever, run out of energy.

The lowest I have gotten is in the 7000's - and that is playing off and on every day, what totals at least a sum of an hour. In Sherlock, you level up really fast, so you get that energy too - and if you have souvenirs or totems - some of them recharge every few hours or plays - like Santa, and some of the earlier souvenirs - and that helps a lot too. : )

I have never needed to use the energy boosters to either restore energy or have my energy build faster because of all this (Sherlock only)...  I also play all the G5 games only during the events - but when there is a short dry spell, I still log on every day to get all the free goodies and build up or rebuild my stock ...

Cyberfox277

May-9

Thank you, I think I've been playing it wrong, I play it here and there. Just follow the Holmes' quests, I get it wink Thanks so much for the help relaxed

Honeyphan, you probably already know this, but just in case you don't....in HC, if you want an assembler that can't be put on your wishlist, add it to your avatar.  The first thing I do is scan all my friends' avatars to see if their asking for a specific gift.  I check in most days and can send you one every day.

Honeyphan

May-11

Thank you, Libby! Yes, I did know that - I remember you doing it, and did the same. lol

I've had Ace's Cap written after my name for about a week now, but will probably change to another assembler needed for the event-artifact package soon. : )

Christina95e

May-19

I just recently started playing June's Journey. It's been free to play so far, as long as you don't mind waiting for your energy to renew. Nice combination of story and achievements

Honeyphan

May-19

Thanks so much for the heads up, Christina95e! : )

Things I like about June's Journey (by Wooga games) so far:

*It is set in the roaring 20s - I LOVE historical HOS games

*It is a murder mystery - I love those (much more those that are historical than modern day)!

*The dialogue seems to be logical and intelligent so far and relevant to the time period. What they would say and do.

*I can play directly off their site - though am not sure yet how to exit. And hope it saves the game when I do.

*NO TIMERS that cut you out of the room and make you need to pause the game to play!!! yesssss!  *pumps fist

*Ability to get better rewards the faster you go, if you do beat the in-game timer as you play.

I have only played about 20 minutes, so will give my thoughts as I get deeper in - but my main fear is that I will be roped into this mystery, with the need to know whodunnit? And the game, as most ftp games do - will make it almost impossible to play without putting real $$$ in down the line. I'm hoping it's like Midnight Castle and G5 games, in that it makes it possible to play and progress - just with a little more effort to get there if you don't want to or can't invest real money.

Here is the summary of the story I found online:

"June's Journey is the thrilling adventure you've been waiting for. Relax with a story of romance, intrigue, and mystery in this exciting hidden object game straight from the roaring 20s! Dive into June Parker's captivating quest to unveil a scandalous hidden family secret."

ETA: I am on the 4th HOS (ran out of energy) and I really love the music and how each is varied with each HOS and fits with the place, the era, and the mystery theme. nice....

The Old Garden Gate is my favorite so far - both in atmosphere and music and scenery - I could play that one for days!

I also like that the objects are easy to see - and large enough that you don't have to use a magnifier to view them.

Still am early on in the game, so will give my thoughts as I progress - both pros and cons.

One con I noticed is it was a bit jittery at first - but that could be my fault, due to the oodles of windows I have up on Firefox (I'm so bad about closing them. lol)

• Edited May 19, 2022 6:08 pm  by  Honeyphan
Di (amina046)

May-19

Yes it is a nice game, I played a lot till I found Seekers notes!