Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 131890 views.
Honeyphan

Jun-27

Jenny- I never finish the event since I play so many other games that have events and pick those I really want to finish. lol

I did want the next box of tools, but was too tired to finish with 3 hours to go, so dropped it.

I notice this new event continues the Time Machine story, but no, they never did call him out as H.G. Wells - though when one of the characters introduces next event, they mention his name then, along with Verne - so that was interesting...

I usually see what the prizes are - if there is a totem involved, I strive to win that, since those keep giving every day, and I really try to win the tools used in Match3, but anything else is doable as a loss. If I like the avatar, I just clip it and put it in a file folder of those I want to use some day. lol

I didn't notice that about the Match3s - no, but I did notice the bunnies are obviously a regular thing now (Yay! I love those bunnies) -, since I just played a Match 3 with the bunnies in this new event! :)

Di (amina046)

Jun-27

I will as soon as competition is over!

The bunnies are very clever!

But I'm not impressed with the new event at all ---- uninteresting story, the scene itself is a pure junk pile. I also see they have dramatically cut back on the awards ---- i tool instead of 2, etc. Very cheap. When will developers ever learn that "more fun" and "harder" are not the same thing? They should take a cue from Midnight Castle and just add more variety and more content.

Sorry, this "event" is really the worst one I have seen.

`

Honeyphan

Jun-28

Agreed on the Sherlock event - not that crazy about the HOS, but I usually play Match 3 anyway, unless it's a HOS I really like - still will play a little every day to get some of the prizes, but am not putting myself all out for this one. lol

Finally got to EA Poe ---- halfway done, very expensive, but I have over 1,000 of those things to do the "event" so maybe I will do that scene for a while.

But, to be honest, since they tightened up the game (and they did) they took the fun out of it. It was fun and interesting and now it has become boring and stressful ---- they really need to lighten up the difficulty, imo.

Honeyphan

Jul-9

I guess I never noticed that...

With what we get through the writer's chests - still good stuff that improves with each chest - and what we get through finding the Sherlock tokens, it still seems like a good catch...I mean, I guess they can't give us too much, since we also have the gifts we collect and open with those keys we win through playing the event HOS ...

I do like that the event is longer this time - I'm on level 18 of the Sherlock token prizes and might actually make it to the end to get all of them. lol

As for the main story - after doing Poe I was hoping to move forward, but they took it back to one of my least favorite with the title - "Around the World again".

I just really don't like doing the Japan HOS or India, which I sometimes have to fall back on since the Match 3s are getting really hard now, since the scenes have graduated to the icy blue color - level 5? I still try to do them, and when I actually win one, it's a big feeling of accomplishment - I do a fist pump in the air! lol - but you're right. The higher the level gets, the harder it gets, though thankfully I always have the HOS to fall back upon, since I can pause and play with that - and even zoom when I need to...

Yes, I trudged through the "Around the World Again" and now in the "Journey to the West" which is literally "All About Ancient Asian Beliefs/Customs" which ---- for me ---- is incredibly boring. Don't care at all about Asian history or culture. And I looked ahead and see we will have t6o do Aladdin again as well as the Snow Queen, then something called "Writers and Beasts" then finally get back to Camelot. That is a LOT of boring stuff before anything interesting comes around again, so I may just play off the 1800 London Matches I have and then re-evaluate. 

I just don't have the patience to do the HOS like you do ---- too much time when other games are calling! LOL. And the M3s are just too difficult ---- they have started putting all 5 colors in EVERY board and it seems they think everyone is a M3 expert ---- which I am not. So them ramping up the difficulty is just pushing me away. Too many other beautiful M3s out there that don't presume you want tp spend a ton of money to play. They should really take a hint from Midnight Castle which makes purcahses available, but they never bang you over the head about buying.

BTW, did you see the remaster of Awakening: The Dreamless Castle is available? I ask because there is a free to play game related called "Awakening Kingdoms" which is beautiful and well done. And they will not ask for money since they took the game down a couple years ago at BF ---- but a link to it still exists! Let me know if you might want to take a look at that ---- if you ever find your way out of that Panic Room! LOL: smiley

Honeyphan

Jul-10

It sounds like you have surpassed me! lol - I am still in Around the World again, but at least thankfully nearing the end of that stint.

I won't mind playing the Asian HOS, though I'm not into a demon story, but at least it will be a change in the Match3, and I'm a beginner there, so it should go pretty fast. :) Whenever I am in a set of books I don't really care for, I always try to enable one of the talismans for getting the item faster - 

I look forward to more Snow Queen, Camelot - and I'm guessing that "Writers and Beasts" - might be a revisit into Beauty and the Beast - so I don't mind that...

lol on the Panic Room! - been playing that game for over a year now, so the events have come full circle and I have played all of them now and have over half the puzzles done. :) - Still, I do enjoy that game - the story- and especially the main characters of John and Jenny and their relationship/story. Am still playing a little on that one every day, but not as much as I was - with 15 ftp games to juggle, not counting my paid for games I have installed and go to now and then - and to find out that the games of 3 devs I follow (I have most of their games) - are doing the ftp thing - (which I plan to indulge in with their newer games) I only do a little in each every day, though if I don't play a game, I still go in to get the daily rewards and stock up (it really helps to do that!).

Except for the events I really like - and try to play those til the end  (like most of those in HC) or to the end of story (like Sherlock and Seeker's Notes), I just dabble. (I loved the main story of the event in HC this time, with the werewolf - such a cool twist and an emotional moment at the end that brought me to tears...)

I do have Awakening Kingdoms on my computer! :) I love that game... will have to revisit it again soon... I wish they still had it going so we could have friends and are able to do the other Internet things to get rid of those tasks cluttering up the side of my screen, to better see those I can actually do. lol

I did see the remastered version of Dreamless Castle on Bigfish - haven't played it. After going through the comments, not sure I want to buy a remake when I have the original (all of that series) - but I might play the demo to see... - I wish they would come out with another Awakening game and not just remaster the old ones though... I know sometimes series get old, but I really enjoyed BoomZap's series of Awakening!

Maybe they should have a part II - but only if they keep the original charm and don't fall into the trap of cookie cutter mode so many of the newer games have done lately....

• Edited July 10, 2022 3:08 pm  by  Honeyphan

I am also looking at remastered games with a dim view. Sometimes ok ( like this Awakening game, which now offers widescreen presentation, strategy guide, and new bonus chapter) but sometimes not ok (like the Friendly Fox games which has started a trip through the whole Living Legends series ---- the games weren't that good to begin with!)

I'm playing my "London Matches" for this event and going through the progression of prizes ---- up to #25 or so, but I am astonished at the cheap and useless awards being given in the gift basket ---- I just cashed in 47 gifts and got only 1(one!) tool to use. So they have not only ramped up the game difficulty but are also getting cheap with their awards ---- pretty crappy move on their part so I am going to use up the matches I have left then quit ---- it's just getting to be a bore with no prizes and same old scenes just getting too hard to enjoy ---- to the point that they just make me nervous and tense, and there is nothing relaxing or fun about that. (Have you seen the M3 scenes where you have to cover the screen with grass?)

Honeyphan

Jul-10

Here's a tip that may or may not help you-

I usually only go for one event collection item a day (unless I really don't want to quit and am enjoying game or story)...

Once I get that collection item, I dabble around throughout the day - getting enough matches usually to play 3 or 4 event HOSes the next day - and often get the collection item in that round.

This method of play helps me not to burn out fast - and also gives me more varied HOS to play since I'm doing that with all games.

I go for one collection item a day - at least that (more if I am not tired of playing that particular game).

Since Sherlock has 21 days left - and I have 7 more collection items needed for event collections - that gives me 7 days to get it, then - with all days remaining to get the rare assembler for the artifact collection. I'll keep playing, til event runs out, but only a little here and there once I have that final collection - since there is no totem available this time. (I think there is only room on the table for one more, but then again, I guess they could always put another table out for them...)

Doing this, I play a minimum amount of time - so I don't burn out - but eventually always reach my goal.

I do this with most of my games, except Hidden City- on that one I do one event collection item a day, but also the daily challenges - since the rewards given are pretty good and always go toward the event challenge.

But I understand how you feel about Sherlock - that's how I feel about Hidden Treasures. The story is usually meh - and the prizes the gifts give are not usually worth it - 1 out of 50 you get a really good one. And the event prizes you need to really work to get that first box - but I enjoy playing the Match 3s with that one too, so I usually do it only during an event, and usually only one a day. I have more or less quit it, though I still go in every day to get my daily rewards. : )

Oh- and on the grass M3 - yeah, I have played that one several times. It's a backward way of doing it per usual - but kinda cool. And when I was at one turn left, I found out the magnifier nor the bomb works to get tiles needed to fill with grass! The hand swap so far is the only one that works if needed - and if I get stuck, I usually have to do the fan first to get a better layout.

• Edited July 10, 2022 6:15 pm  by  Honeyphan