Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Novice" Avatar   Technical Issues

Started Aug-27 by 1MagentaRose; 1407 views.
1MagentaRose

Aug-27

Just wondering why so many of my friends who have reached Level 106 to 108 are now wearing the "Novice" avatar? Is this a secret gathering ????

(Apologies if I posted this question to the incorrect folder, I'm still trying to find my way around the forum!!) flushed

Could it be that they're supposed to be showing the 2nd avatar (Gamayun) from the CC but it isn't showing for you. I know that there is an avatar from the past that doesn't show for me if someone is using it (however, the picture is blank not showing any avatar). Just a thought......

oiuoiu321

Aug-28

If a friend of yours is displaying an avatar that you haven't downloaded the update for, it will come up as that blank face.  You probably missed the last update.  Check your game manager.

Playbelle

Aug-28

I've wondered about this too.  I've seen players with levels in the 60s and 70s using the blank avatar (I'm Level 107).

With so many great avatars to choose from, it makes me wonder why some friends aren't using one of them. 

Secret club is as good a theory as any I guess. wink

1MagentaRose

Aug-29

Playbelle said:

Secret club is as good a theory as any I guess.

giggle. Maybe there's a secret cave in MC!!! I've noticed this happening one by one to my friends list. Now I have 10 wearing the "Novice" Avatar when a week ago they all had faces. My game is up to date so the mystery deepens.

Hirento

Aug-29

Hello Magenta Rose,

currently there is a CC happening, a Castle Challenge. this is the one that gives the new avatars. Do you have the CC active?

If not, then your game is not up to date.

This actually happened to me - or my computer, that is wink

I play on a PC running Win10.

There are 2 users on my computer, meaning that there are 2 user accounts. The one account (mine) is the main user and has admin.rights. The second account is for my niece, who visits and sometimes play MC.

When she logged in last week she had the same experience; friends' avatars were blanks, she could not see the CC when she clicked on it.

And the Game Manager said there were no new updates.

After a lot of trials I finally had to not only uninstall the game from both accounts, but the Game Manager as well. Only when I re-installed the Game Manager, and then re-installed MC did we get the update on my niece's game.

So if you have more than one user account on you computer perhaps this is the problem?

1MagentaRose

Aug-29

Hirento said:

the Game Manager said there were no new updates. After a lot of trials I finally had to not only uninstall the game from both accounts, but the Game Manager as well. Only when I re-installed the Game Manager, and then re-installed MC did we get the update on my niece's game.

A Castle Challenge happening now???? Not on my computer!!!  I only have the one user account but I'll do what you suggested and uninstall/reinstall the Game Manager and MC. I just hope I don't lose EVERYTHING except my Level again, like I did with the CC in April this year.

Hirento

Aug-29

Hi again relaxed

Since you only have one user account, then you must have admin rights.

So there is one thing you could try.

Start the GM in admin mode. (to do that, right click the icon on your desktop, and choose "start as administrator".

Then go to downloads in the GM, click search manually. Perhaps this time the GM will find the update, fingers crossed.

This was the problem for my niece. We tried to search manually for updates, and it would just sit there spinning for a long time, then something about an update of unknown origin that couldn't be reached. That told us there was something that the GM didn't have permission for.

Since my niece's account doesn't have admin rights (and I'm not about to give it to her, thank you very much stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye), then we couldn't start the GM in admin mode. But we could force the update through my account by uninstallling the GM and game, then it would be uninstalled in her account too. And be updated when it was updated in my account.

Neither of us lost any progress by doing this, but we did copy the game files beforehand, just to be safe.

1MagentaRose

Aug-29

Thanks Hirento,

Your advice to uninstall/reinstall Game Manager and MC worked and the game updated to the CC. It is now day 22 of the CC but since I've only just started replaying after losing all Achievements and every item in every category when my game crashed with the April Challenge (but didn't lose my Level) I'll leave this CC alone. The "Mystery of the Novice" Avatars displaying is now solved!!!! Thankyou

1MagentaRose

Aug-29

oiuoiu321 said:

If a friend of yours is displaying an avatar that you haven't downloaded the update for, it will come up as that blank face.  You probably missed the last update.  Check your game manager.

You were correct. My game did need updating but Game Manager kept telling me "No new updates available" so Hirento suggested I uninstall/reinstall the Game Manager & MC which I did and it did UPDATE to day 22 of a CC.  relaxed