Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SharpEye Needs Prayers for Sister   Messages from the Heart

Started Sep-6 by SharpEye1; 5215 views.
SharpEye1

Sep-6

On August 24, my sister Sherry was admitted to the hospital because she's diabetic and had gangrene in her right foot.  On August 29, they did surgery and she had to have the 4th and 5th toes of her right foot, along with part of the right side of her foot, amputated due to the diabetes complications (gangrene).  Just prior to the foot surgery she also had a stent put in her left leg for peripheral vascular disease, to help increase blood flow.

On Sept 4, they were saying they may have to revisit the stent to see if it is still working as well as it was when they put it in, and she will have to have additional surgery on her foot as there may still be gangrene/more gangrene developing and it isn't healing the way the doctors would like. They want to do an artificial graft on her foot once they figure out the stent issue, and after cleanup of the existing wound on the foot is completed, but it could also mean taking the remaining 3 toes and more of the foot to get to healthy tissue and blood flow (the doctor will know once he goes in to see how it's looking).  

On Sept. 5, they did the second surgery and it all went very well.  They were able to keep the 3 toes, just went in and cleaned up the wound and removed some necrotic tissue around the edges. They did the artificial graft as well. We will have to watch and see over the next few days to see how it is healing. They had a wound vac on her foot after the first surgery but won’t be using it this go around as the doctor thought it was pressing on the tissue too much. 

But, when I visited her today (Sept. 6), she said the foot is doing great but they keep running all kinds of tests to figure out why she's having other issues.  She said her kidneys are down (her word), her lungs are down, her oxygen levels keep fluctuating, so she's on oxygen now (canula in the nose), and even though she hasn't been able to eat anything for days, her sugar numbers are at 140.  She's not eating because the pain meds keep her nauseous, even though they're giving her anti-nausea meds as well.  So, Glycerna and water is all she's been ingesting.  She's also saying she's not sure she's going to make it through this.  My other sister says she's been saying this before, but my worry is: you know how some people say they just know, somehow, when it's time?

Anyway, I know the power of prayer, so I'm asking for you to please keep her in your prayers!

Thank you so much!

Ada

• Edited September 6, 2021 9:05 pm  by  SharpEye1
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-6

Hugs and all my good thoughts going out.

mdpetdoc

Sep-6

Ada,

I'm so sorry for your sister and will be praying for her. 

Dear SharpEye1tulip

hugs and prayers for you and your dear sisters. RN should update her or her main spokesperson why all the tests.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Sep-7

I devotedly pray for you and your sister, my dear friend

My all the improvements be positive ones

Love Alan

TinyFaerie
Staff

Sep-7

You and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers. Dhyani has been keeping me updated. 

oiuoiu321

Sep-7

Ada, I'm sorry your sister is going through all this.  Prayers going out for her recovery and to raise her spirits.  It must be so hard for her to keep having new problems pop up.  At least she is in the hospital where she is being monitored closely.  Hopefully they get it all figured out ASAP,

misstracy22

Sep-7

Ada, 
I send hugs and prayers for you and your sister. 

Somewhere in my past, I believe someone told me about how pain can affect blood glucose levels.  Even if you don’t eat anything. So I’m thinking I hope your sisters medics sort things out and she pulls through this ordeal. 

Hugs to you all,

Tracy rabbit

Oh Ada, I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your sister's fight.  Diabetes is an awful disease and can be so hard to control sometimes.  I'm very sorry she lost some of her foot, but the second surgery seems to have gone well, so I'm optimistic about that.  My limited understanding of diabetes is that if you're not eating, the liver will supplement whatever it feels your body needs.  So that could be why her sugar is high despite not eating.  It would be better for her body to eat regularly and control her sugar.  Maybe changing pain meds would help.

All my thoughts and prayers are with her, and you.  I also believe in the power of prayer and I'm sure all of our voices reaching out will give Sherry the boost she needs through this stressful time.