Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

COINS!!! How do you get them?   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Sep-8 by Mara1022; 2245 views.
Mara1022

Sep-8

I know I brought this up before, but I don't think I understand.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something in how to get the huge amounts of coins needed just to move forward in the game.  I use my pets to get some, I sell excess inventory items, and I craft and sell stuff.  I've also asked for eggs from my friends, to sell for coins.  Then there's "doing the rounds".

I'm at Level 93.  I've just met the High Mage of Frost.  Just to get into that area, I needed 15,000 coins.  So, starting from the tavern, at the beginning of the game, and going through that, the Town, Cloud City, Elvyn Forest, Dark Tower, the Harbor and across the ocean(?) to Atlantis and Fairy Forest.  Brief stop in the East then Bone Kingdom and I'm in the Northern Islands now.  It took me about 2 hours to get through all the HOS's and I gathered about 9,000 coins.  That's 6,000 short of what I needed to get in to see the Mage, and then the first thing he wants from me is to come up with 7,000 coins to search the fire place.  Sheesh!!

I'm not complaining here.  I love the game, but I need to know if I'm missing something that helps one to acquire more coins, (other than what I mentioned briefly) or is that how we just have to do it?  I certainly can't afford to BUY the coins, so that's not an option.

Anyway, thanks all, for your kind gifts and for all the help you provide each other here in the forum.  It's an honor to be part of this community.  :)

Hirento

Sep-8

Hello Mara,

I don't know how long you have been playing, but if you started only recently then the money lies in Events.

Check out the "Get your FAQa answered here"-thread to read more, but in short;

Events open up special rooms that you can access under the Private Room- button. Different events open different rooms, and inside those rooms are HO scenes you can play once a day, that give 200 coin instead of the usual 50 at max level.

to clarify; the Rooms themselves can be accessed at all times (if you have opened/purchased them with a Trina key), of course e.g to chase butterflies, but the HO scenes in them are not active until an Event is on.

And you can access not only your own Event room(s), but those of your friends, too. So if you have 30+ friends' rooms each giving 200 coin that adds up to a lot of coin each game day! Note that your friend must display the Event room (have chosen it) for you to gain access to its HO scene.

It is common to stop progressing in level during events and focus on playing Event rooms to build up coin, airship items and stamps. Those seem to be in abundance in the rooms as well.

• Edited September 8, 2021 7:35 am  by  Hirento
AEGram

Sep-8

Mara1022 said:

I know I brought this up before, but I don't think I understand.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something in how to get the huge amounts of coins needed just to move forward in the game. 

As Hirento has already mentioned, the Events give you the most potential for coinage. However, there's a slight correction ......when maxed out, some of the event rooms give 250 coins upon completion; not the previously mentioned 200 coins.

Fall event is around the corner, followed rapidly by the Winter Event....Spring comes early next year.

Here's how you can amass a great quantity of coins:

1. Invite, or be invited by many, many, many friends....knowing the game ID is the best way to do this. There's a PC Friends thread as well as one for iOS and Android. Find the thread that corresponds to your platform, and post your game ID there saying you want/need friends. Many will be "event only" friends and may choose to go away after the events are over. Most of us just stick around to "use and be used" by others during the events.

2. When the event starts, (in the past) a new event room is offered. There are currently 3 Halloween Rooms. So, you will want to have at least 4 of the Golden Keys from Trina quests so you can open all 3 of those rooms first. Each day, you can enter every HOS inside of those (probably will be) 4 Halloween Rooms. ......The first 3 Halloween Rooms can already be unlocked. You don't have to wait until the beginning of the event to do this part.

3. You can then go into the private room of every one of your friends and play as many of their available Halloween Rooms as they have displayed. Some friends will change periodically so friends can get the event pet items from that year as well as the new one.

4. If a new room is issued, there will also be 2 new pets and there will be a pet item associated with each that can only be secured from this new room. As a result, I open and keep open that new room for about the first 2 weeks of the event so all my friends have a chance to get those needed pet items. After the first 2 weeks, I change my private room to display the very first Halloween Room. There are 3 HOSs in that room that will all yield 250 coins when maxed, so my friends can gain the most amount of coins by me displaying that event room.

5. So.....when the event starts and you have your private room open and set......just spend every available minute you have visiting the event rooms of your friends.......STOP LEVELING UP. Only continue to work the levels if you have completed every friend's room for that day because each and every day of the event, you can go into those rooms to play for coins.

6. The Winter event follows on the heels of the Fall event without much down time. .... have Golden Keys ready from Trina's quests to open the Christmas Rooms. In this case, I would NOT waste a Golden Key on opening Christmas Room 1 because it has no HOS for you or friends to enter. Just focus on Christmas Rooms 2 and 3, and any new Christmas Room that's created. .... Christmas Room 2 is the one that has the 3 HOSs in it so you get more chances to gain the 250 coins from maxed rooms.

7. By the end of Fall and Winter events......if you don't try to continue to level up ..... you will be absolutely amazed and astonished at the amount of coins you've collected. ......but, it gets even better! You will also have a plethora of airship items, stamps, and pet food!!! AND there's even more!!! You will also have tons of event items that can be disenchanted for the shards needed for Trina's quests or for purchasing some room upgrades in your private room.

To give you an example.....Most of the events run 35 - 40 days. Let's say you have 100 friends....some will not be displaying the event room at the beginning, some change to another event room before the event is concluded because they have all they want from the event (GRRRRRR, Bad Form!), and some may never open their event room. Some will have a single HOS room displayed, some will have the 3-HOS room displayed. So, of those 100 friends, let's say 50 are displaying the 3-event room. Let's also say that 15 are displaying a single event HOS private room. That's a total of 165 HOSs you can go into each day (not including all of your various rooms). 

Let's also say it takes you the first 5 days of the event to get to the max level in all the rooms....you'll be getting coins from those entrances, but we won't include them here for our example. That leaves 165 HOS visits every day for 30 days. 165 x 30 = 4950 HOS you will have done during those 30 days at max number of coins, which is 250 .... that equals, ....drum roll.....1, 237,500 coins for that single event only!!!! (And there will actually be more because you will have gotten coins as you played the rooms to get them to max....I believe you start receiving 50 coins at the lowest level and get 200 coins at the 2,500,000 mark and continue to get that amount until you reach 10,000,000 million at max.)

• Edited September 8, 2021 7:44 pm  by  AEGram
oiuoiu321

Sep-9

When events aren't going on, play the puzzles.  Each game after the puzzle will give you 50 coins, and if you're lucky you could also win an item or three to sell.  And there are about 60 puzzles.  That's 3000 coins available every 5 hours.

AEGram

Sep-9

oiuoiu321 said:

When events aren't going on, play the puzzles.  Each game after the puzzle will give you 50 coins, and if you're lucky you could also win an item or three to sell.  And there are about 60 puzzles.  That's 3000 coins available every 5 hours.

Another good suggestion.....although....it takes about 5 minutes to set up a puzzle and play for the rewards.

I can do 5 HOSs during that amount of time, which will give me 250 coins....plus, I have the airship item, possibly an inventory item, and maybe a stamp or bag of pet food....not to mention the possibility of an energy unit.

Edited for a correction......I just timed the doing of 2 puzzles. It takes me a little over a minute to select items, put the pieces together, and lose on 2 guesses.... It takes about a minute and a half if I win on the first 2 guesses.

So, as a correction....I can do an HOS in less time than it takes me to do one puzzle......which will give me the same 50 coins from working the puzzle whether I win the item or not. But, I still don't get the airship item and the possible pet food, stamp, or energy unit if I'm relying on the puzzle for additional coins.

While my numbers were exaggerated in my original post, I still stand behind the playing of the HOSs for the additional coins rather than working the puzzles. You get more for your efforts/time in the long run.

• Edited September 9, 2021 10:43 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 3
Mara1022

Sep-10

AEGram, Hirento and oiuoiu321: 

Thank you so very much for your responses.  The details are great.  I started playing the game in the middle of the last winter event so I've got a handle on that now.  At that time I didn't know coins were so hard to get in between events.  I might have wasted a bunch, idk.  

I currently have 25 golden keys and I had 2 of the 3 Halloween Rooms so I got the 3rd one.

I do the puzzles as a break between doing the "rounds", hoping I can win something good to sell, like you said.  

Question?  Is there somewhere where it shows all the eggs and their sale value?  I've learned, by playing, that there are a lot of low value ones and it was probably a mistake hatching them all.  I have the spreadsheet on the pets, but I can't find anything with that particular info on the eggs.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.  I learned a bit more about the game, but more importantly, I learned that I'm not "missing" anything on how to get coins.

Hirento

Sep-10

I thought your name was familiar! grinning

I do agree that outside of Events, simply playing the Ho scenes is your best option for gold, since that also gives other resources such as stamps, pet food and airship items. If you get things you don't need, just sell or shard it.

But what you need in this game is dependent on what you focus on; if you are focused on leveling up as fast as you can, then you need gold and stamps, esp Unique.

However, you will find that as soon as you finish leveling up (or stop bothering about it, lol), then other things become important. To get all the achievements, for instance, is a goal for some players.

Then you will need to have some Story quests left, to get the achievements from the Dice game (the win so-and-so many items achievement)

Or focusing on the Trina quests, you will need shards and airship items, plus a great deal of patience doing the HOs and ZZs she wants.

The daily quests, too, are resource grabbers if they are you main focus, as they may require pet food, or airship items, or pet medallions if you need to craft a lot of stuff (crafting pet food is relatively cheap and will also add to the Craft so-and-so many pet food-achievement...)

I suppose a healthy mix of what you do in the game, what you focus on, is best. Every part of the game is dependent on the other parts, in some ways, but they all ultimately require playing HO scenes if you do not purchase with diamonds.

Playing the puzzles for variation is something I do too, when I am fed up with the HOs. And I am usually lucky enough to get at least on item in addition to the 50 gold, and often diamonds, too.

(But I must admit that after being done leveling up, I also found myself playing less, as "doing the rounds" stopped being meaningful because I didn't need to do it. And the endless and quite simply unimaginative Trina quests are just -- urgh. I can't do them as their "reward" is virtually non-existent. A key and 200 gold? )

Tannie2018

Sep-10

I leveled before we had event rooms that gave up to 250 coins per HOS. The way I did it was to craft. Mostly I did it with the Mechanical Heart. I would put one of two components on my wish list along with the required stamps. Of the two components, the Steam tool and the hyena's Chain, I would alternate on my wish list depending on which one was needed at the time.

You could also craft other things that are profitable, but just make sure you also have the stamps requested so that you don't run too low on them. Back when I did it, very few were maxed leveled, so giving stamps was usually a hardship, but the Mechanical Heart uses two of the easier stamps to get.

Hirento

Sep-10

Mara1022 said:

Question? Is there somewhere where it shows all the eggs and their sale value? I've learned, by playing, that there are a lot of low value ones and it was probably a mistake hatching them all. I have the spreadsheet on the pets, but I can't find anything with that particular info on the eggs.

I don't know if this is an exhaustive list, but here is what's in my inventory now:

Squirrel's Egg   sell for 5000 gold  / shard for 33

Panda  5000  / 33

Phoenix 5000  /33

Gold-Bearing Turtle  3000  /20

Manticore  2700  / 18

Hippo  2700  / 18

Flap-Eared Puppy  2500  / 16

Voracious Lemur  1800  / 12

Owl  1800  / 12

Hopping Tiger  1000  / 6

Hedgehog  1000  / 6

Pink Piggy  800 / 5

Parrot  800 / 5

Emerald Dragon  800  / 5

Seal  500  / 3

Pegasus  300  / 2

Odd Egg  200  / 1

Sharp-Eyed Snail  60  / 8

Snow Griffin  50  / 1

Also, you can only have on egg on your list per puzzle if you play them to get eggs, same as for stamps and airship items.

So I usually put one airship item, an egg, and the Unique stamp. Then the diamonds will come as number 2 on the list.

If it is one of the cheaper eggs, it will come as number 3 on the list before the Unique stamp. The 5000-gold eggs will come last on the list, so they are harder to get.

• Edited September 10, 2021 7:16 pm  by  Hirento
AEGram

Sep-12

Mara1022 said:

Question?  Is there somewhere where it shows all the eggs and their sale value?  I've learned, by playing, that there are a lot of low value ones and it was probably a mistake hatching them all.  I have the spreadsheet on the pets, but I can't find anything with that particular info on the eggs.

Hirento has given a complete list of all original pets. Those pets have eggs that when found on the Fortune Wheel will yield you a credit toward the "Egg-Centric achievement which is to win 5, 20, and 100 pet eggs from the Fortune Wheel.

However, there are Winter Event pets that will also count toward that Egg-Centric achievement because only one egg was required to craft the pet. These eggs will show up on the Event's tab rather than on the Eggs tab when you click on your "tool box" at the bottom of the screen (just to the left of the lab icon).

Winter Pets are as follows:
Baby Mammoth – 500 / 15
Fire Rooster – 800 / 25
Yeti – 650 /20
Penguin – 500 / 15
Little White Bear – 500 / 15
Reindeer – 800 / 25
Sled Dog – 650 / 20
Snowman – 400 / 12
Winter Cat – 500 / 15