Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Avatars   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Sep-18 by Lisadengel; 551 views.
Lisadengel

Sep-18

Hi!

In MC, do the avatars have any benefits as to which you choose, or is it just a preference picture thing?  

Azurina

Sep-18

i am pretty new myself, but from what i have read, it is purely choice and interest, though some suggest some of the avatars (children) are more 'helpful' with fulling tasks. I am sure others can help you more with this question that me though. :)

AEGram

Sep-18

Lisadengel said:

In MC, do the avatars have any benefits as to which you choose, or is it just a preference picture thing?  

The only point to the avatars is to perhaps let others know you've completed an achievement or a level within a Castle Challenge OR to display one that you think fits our personality, mood, or perhaps in keeping with the seasons.

Some players swear that using a particular avatar will help them win more times at dice against a particular character. Changing an avatar makes no difference. My test run of the statistics when playing dice with the Dragon resulted in me winning about 43% of the time on average. Sometimes, the average went as high as 46% before I lost a bunch in a row to take me back to that 43%, but I never, ever, not even once got 50% or anything higher.

Lisadengel

Sep-18

Thank you so much!

In reply toRe: msg 3
Lisadengel

Sep-18

Thank you!!

AEGram

Sep-19

I really do need to be totally forthcoming......

I KNOW there are no "powers" for particular avatars.

I KNOW the percentage for how often players will win/lose are built into the dice feature.

But, I must admit that when I'm losing, losing, losing during a Castle Challenge, I will sometimes change my avatar .....just because...... 

(Just because: It may help.....just because: it makes me feel better....just because: one can only hope it might break the cycle) blush

In reply toRe: msg 6
LvlSlgr

Sep-19

AEGram said:

But, I must admit that when I'm losing, losing, losing during a Castle Challenge, I will sometimes change my avatar .....just because...... 

I do the same thing. I just think changing something might change my luck. wink