Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New Update on 10/4   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Oct-5 by Lisadengel; 5190 views.
Lisadengel

Oct-5

Good morning all, 

Does anyone know how to find out what is new in the update?  I know it said adds levels, but I didn't know if there was anything else that was cool or new...  I did log in after the update and I got an arrow pointing me to a Castle Challenge, but when I opened it, there wasn't anything so not sure what that was about...

Anyway, any info would be cool...

THANKS!

LvlSlgr

Oct-5

Lisa, there is a folder named Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates located in the left column here. That's where we usually post anything about Updates. Some of us started posting there yesterday. 

Here's a link that will help you get to what was posted about this latest update.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/4473/20

AEGram is our go-to person to provide the most information about updates.

Lisadengel

Oct-5

Thanks so much - and also for adding me as a Friend!

LvlSlgr

Oct-5

You're welcome. 

SharpEye1

Oct-5

I downloaded the update, then proceeded to start playing the new content.  All of a sudden my game closed, with a message about a problem with the save query and to try launching again later.  When I launched my game again, it has my game ID but a brand new game at level 1!!  I was at the end of content, so if I can't get EVERYTHING back, I am done!!  **sigh**  

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-5

Am I the only one (or perhaps I'm crazy) that has noticed that John's photo looks different?  It looks like a frame has been added, I noticed it yesterday but I haven't seen anyone mention it in the forum so I wasn't sure if maybe it's been there all long.  If so, then I've been sleeping my way through MC.

LvlSlgr

Oct-5

Michaela (mtkim) said:

It looks like a frame has been added

I mentioned it last night in another thread about the updates. They definitely added this new frame for John with this update.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/4473/20

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-5

I must have missed that, thank you for posting, I thought I was going crazy.  I love it, very pretty.

AEGram

Oct-5

Good afternoon......

I started the update last night, but had to finally stop at 1:00 this morning. Partly, the stopping was because it was so late and part was because the game had crashed for the 3rd time. (This was the first time I'd had issues with the game crashing when going through updates, so I feel I've been very luck so far.)

I'm only at the very beginning of Level 109, but there are already 2 new locations opened. I haven't opened all of the bubbles at each location, but from the "bubbles" I can determine that they will probably be typical: 2 new HOSs and 2 new ZZs on each. If the update continues to be "typical," I'm guessing there will be a third location to be unlocked that will contain 2 more HOSs and ZZs.

There are 2 new puzzles....I haven't unlocked one yet because I'm still getting extras for the puzzle I already had opened.

There are 5 new to-craft items. ..................for content updates, we have no avatars, achievements, or pets. Those come from the Castle Challenges and the events (Fall, Winter, Spring.)

I would offer a word of caution when going through this update, though...... When you're requested to unlock the new areas/locations, there are "bubbles" in what appears to be everywhere. ..............The Developers have been placing new items in previously opened HOSs or ZZs .......so I would caution/suggest that you follow the link from the character to the exact bubble you need to be opening each time. I strongly recommend you not just go ahead and pay to open all the bubbles on a location just because you have the coins.....Let the character direct you to where you need to go.

This Twisted Mountain area is indeed well-named!!!!!! It seems that from each of the areas you can then get to two new areas. This will totally complicate people trying to get back and figure out where each new HOS or ZZ is located. I'm planning to put some sort of info/narrative in the Game Guide to help people find these places, but it will take me awhile to figure it out (since I don't play this game other than to get update statistics) and then figure out how to write it so others will understand.

• Edited October 5, 2021 3:09 pm  by  AEGram
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Oct-5

Thank You for your efforts and very helpful information AEGram. I did notice one opening bubble that says lvl 107. Not proceeding with the new content just yet, so waiting on directions for that area.