Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends of NorryUK and NuttyNana   Friends

Started Oct-11 by NorryUK NuttyNana (Norry6); 1550 views.

I have just received a message from BF telling me I cannot play my games until they are updated. As I will be away until the 17th of October I have decided to wait until then in the hopes that the glitch will have been sorted out. I have already reported SantaFairy as lost.

It does mean I am unable to take my wish lists down so please do not gift my games.

I hope it is sorted soon and everyone's games are restored.

Azurina

Oct-11

I too just received that message....sigh...guess i will have to try it and see...fingers crossed. I will let you all know the outcome soon.

ok, i just did the update and it appears to have worked ok. I had not done the previous corrupted update.

I have logged back in, i am at L33, did a HOS, ZZ, gifts, sent the airship, CC is up (i see the frames they added to the avatar), did private room, moved on the map to a different area and altered my gift list. I logged out and got back in again. Nothing seems to have changed.

i hope this bodes well for all...

• Edited October 11, 2021 2:58 pm  by  Azurina

That is good news. Hopefully it means it has all been sorted. 

Thanks Azurina

Azurina

Oct-11

at least for some of us.

i don't know about those who have lost their progress, i doubt much will happen there given past history.

i will play again later today and see if the fixes hold.

• Edited October 11, 2021 3:40 pm  by  Azurina
LvlSlgr

Oct-11

I'm confused by the message you and NorryUK received from BF. 

I cannot play my games until they are updated.

But isn't that what caused the problem - the latest update on Oct. 4th?

So is there now a new update that is supposedly going to take care of the problem? If there is, I don't have it.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Oct-11

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have another update.

I did not level up to 109 until this current problem is fixed, but I sure am missing playing up!

Energyworker

Oct-11

A friend of mine told me the same thing. She said she held off doing the update after seeing everyone's problems listed in the forum yet today received that same message.

I am under the impression that it is people with higher levels that have problems. I am at level 87 and only lost 4 friends. However the last two days I tried to go into someone's private room who lost their game and it says "This friend's room has been updated in a more recent version of the game. To visit it, please update your game to the latest version". As far as I know I am using the latest version, with

content 1.14.56.2348

client 1.14.56.2345

server Prod 1.14.56.2336

LvlSlgr

Oct-11

Energyworker said:

"This friend's room has been updated in a more recent version of the game. To visit it, please update your game to the latest version".

It was determined several years ago that this message your receive when trying to access the Private Room of another player is misleading. Generally the person who receives this message has the latest update. It's the other person - whose Private Room you're trying to access - who doesn't have the latest update.

I hadn't updated my games. I was waiting to see what happened and playing without the update. So when I got message telling me 'This version of the game is out of date. Please install the update.' I assumed it referred to the update from 4th October. I am scared to do it but I've now received a message from Big Fish telling me that they have

"moved your save data over to your new ID for you today, and everything should now be on your new device." 

Makes no sense at all because I haven't got a new device and my game wasn't saved properly! And the only way to check is to download the update. And no mention from BF if the glitch has been fixed.

LvlSlgr

Oct-11

It makes no sense at all. But isn't that the norm for BF???