Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Windows 11 (Win 10 Lifecycle ends Oct 14 2025)   Technical Issues

Started Oct-14 by Dhyani (Dhyaniland); 834 views.
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-14

We have what looks like FOUR YEARS of life (Security Updates, etc.)  left in our Win 10 OS.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro

Both my Laptops likely won't support Win 11, so I'll be shopping around.  At least it appears there's plenty of time to shop around :)  

On the Win 10 Update page in your Settings, there will be a notice advising whether or not your device will suppport Win 11.  And there's a link there also to Get Health Check (or words like that) so see if there are tweaks to ready our devices for Win 11.  I haven't done that yet, but will let y'all know what I glean from the process (when I have more than 3 brain cells to rub together, ahem)  

Dad is declining,  we've had a HUGE propane leak (and the tanks is right up next to the house, which scares the shit of our me), a dead deer across the fence in a neighbors yard, then  neighbor two houses away died from Delta, another neighbor two houses on the other side now had Covid Brain Fog AND other Maskless, Covid Denying neighbors are harassing us, running up and spitting on us and admonishing us for wearing masks.

Jesus Christ.

But OTHERWISE, Dad and I are hanging in, getting alot of reorganization done (since going outside for our walks is off the table due to the harassment by the neighbors)

Trying to make lemonade out of this BIG VAT OF SOUR LIQUID the Cosmic Clown has been throwing at us, and to quote a line from one of my favorite movies (Army of Darkness)

GIVE ME SOME SUGAR, BABY!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyani dizzy

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-14

What the heck?  Hey Dhyani.  1st, glad to hear you and your dad or hanging in there. 

These are strange times and having people, who are supposed to be neighbors, spitting on you is considered assault.  Too bad instead of coming together we're turning on each other, how horrific for your family.

I wear a mask in a 55+ community but most do not and this started back in 2020 so nothing has changed even though we have had 7 covid related deaths.  I have to be careful and will continue do to so.

BTW, thank you for the Windows update.  My laptop is good but my very, very expensive desktop that the VA purchased for me is not.  So I have time to purchase an alternative and have it updated.

In other news, it's National Dessert Day, so treat yourself to something really sweet (if you're able to).

I wish you and your father continued good health.

Michaela

LvlSlgr

Oct-14

Dhyani! Good to see you post something even if it is about Windows. I've been wondering about you. 

Thanks for the info.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Oct-14

Dhyani! I've been wondering where you have been. Glad to hear the update. As disgusting as it is about your neighbors! Holy Sh!T! What is wrong with people? I agree. That is assault. Uncalled for. Take care.

Hi Dhyani so happy to see you back in the forum!! 

Sorry about all the crap being dumped on you, I have run out of words for the behavior of some people during these times. 

Thanks for providing this info, I looked and I did have the notice saying my computer is compatible with Windows11, I'm not in a rush to get the update.

Take care...

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-15

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid EVERYONE.  To top it off, T-Mobile is updating our towers and my cell has been wonky for TWO days.  MAAAAYBE they'll finish sometime next week??? 

AND we've just had a HUGE Grand Fir removed cuz the roots keep pushing the Landline Network Box out of kilter/breaking the wires that serve 80ish homes on our street, buckling the neighbor's driveway (even damaged their Water Main.)

According to our Our Homeowner's Association Covenants, the HOA SHOULD have removed that 44 year old tree BEFORE the utilities were installed in the late 70's, but NOOOO.  Looks like they started to fell it, but stopped and that tree just continued growing.  It's the ONLY tree out next to the road on our entire street.  

They wanted DAD to pay for taking down the tree, but I put my legal boots on, did some research, and that damned tree is within the 5ft Utility Easement, and thereby the Duty and Responsibility of the HOA to deal with the tree (from the BEGINNING.)  For some reason the nextdoor neighbor agreed to pay for the tree removal cuz the HOA was still dragging it's feet.  BUT, now  the HOA will pay for the stump grinding BECAUSE THEY LEGALLY REQUIRED TO DO SO!!!

HA!  I'm calling this a WIN . . .

So, if the Tree Stump Grinding screws with our Landline (which I expect it will) at least Dad's cell connects to a different carrier (I forget which one) so hopefully, we will have SOME kind of phone service.

I feel naked ~ and it's not as good a look like it was in my youth :)

anglegirl70

Oct-16

Oh my gosh Dhyani, I am so sorry to hear you are having all that trouble.  I don't know why people have to act that way. That is just crazy.  You sure don't need all that with all the other stuff  going on in your life.  I'm actually glad to see you on here.  I haven't heard from you in a long time.  I don't get on her a lot any more.  I'm sorry to hear that your dad isn't doing well.  Will be praying for your both.  I sure hope things get better for you.  Hang in there and stay strong.  God Bless you girl.   xxxooo -Sandy

Cynbrat1

Oct-17

Sweet Jesus, son of Mary but not son of Joseph! You got some crap going on! At least my proud boy neighbors stay away from us, but they know we have long guns.

All the sugars to you kissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heart

Between the game glitches, Windows 11 and all the other assorted challenges, I'm beginning to think that retirement is the worst time ever for this old girl. Crappy Castle Challenge just puts the cherry on top. I've gotten some looks but the best defense is a good offense so I upgraded to the Kn95 mask. This week I get my booster and because I'm such a bad ass, I'm getting the newer shingles at the same time.

Your dad has an angel with you.angel. Mine is 86 and in AZpersevere. I sparkling_heart NY.